996-7 Turbo Market Watch

2 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Curious.  So you looking for an exhaust now or did you find out lie some of us that not all 996 turbo's are alike?

Not looking at the moment and obviously there are major differences. Some are also more valuable  to some than others.

Once I get my hands on mine I can evaluate things then. Meanwhile I’m on a steep learning curve.

4 hours ago, Joz said:

Not looking at the moment and obviously there are major differences. Some are also more valuable  to some than others.

Once I get my hands on mine I can evaluate things then. Meanwhile I’m on a steep learning curve.

Does that mean the PPI you had done last week passed with flying colours and you have a tipper on route to your garage?

6 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Does that mean the PPI you had done last week passed with flying colours and you have a tipper on route to your garage?

The PPI was done , not faultless but nothing ridiculous. Still at the dealers completing a RWC.

have arranged a major service with Nineauto to be completed soon with any other issues to be rectified at the same time.

Hopefully will be picking up at the end of the week.

11 hours ago, Joz said:

The PPI was done , not faultless but nothing ridiculous. Still at the dealers completing a RWC.

have arranged a major service with Nineauto to be completed soon with any other issues to be rectified at the same time.

Hopefully will be picking up at the end of the week.

Congratulations

^^ Thankyou, my first Porca and I hope I’ve done everything that I can to make this a positive experience. 
I’ve  pushed aside motoring pleasure for family for nearly two decades. This is a big venture for me,  I’m hoping it works out 😊.I’ve missed motoring pleasure for along time.😢

15 hours ago, Joz said:

^^ Thankyou, my first Porca and I hope I’ve done everything that I can to make this a positive experience. 
I’ve  pushed aside pleasure for family with motoring for nearly two decades. This is a big venture for me,  I’m hoping it works out 😊.I’ve missed motoring pleasure for along time.😢

Congrats @Joz

Good on you for taking the time to sacrifice for family. Even better to realise that life is for living. 

Enjoy 🍻

4 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

What's a forum without pics?!!!

Surely you have at least 1...dozen by now?!

I haven’t picked it up yet but here’s a couple from when I first laid eyes on it. The color is Polar Silver.

I tried to add a video from a walk around but was too large to load.1250FD81-4E29-4373-99E1-076E7671C8FA.thumb.jpeg.1a109b665efab97c03240f19844a4344.jpeg49EEF7C1-81B8-492B-B481-51A978FE8F06.thumb.jpeg.264a195979de70111d84871bbe562a09.jpeg

5 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Proper gangsta there @Joz with the tint and black wheels.

You're going to love that! Congrats ;) 

Is this the one at Theodossi that sold before it even had pics up? 

Yep, I was there as soon as I could.

My first color preference as well so I wanted to secure it ASAP if the car was right.

17 minutes ago, Joz said:

I haven’t picked it up yet but here’s a couple from when I first laid eyes on it. The color is Polar Silver.

I tried to add a video from a walk around but was too large to load.

Good looking car Joz, pity about the black wheels, but that's a personal like / dislike 🙂 

Just re pictures etc, you will get a much larger total upload allowance as a Financial member ($25).  Also try trimming file size to be able to upload more photos within your allowance.  I would send photos from my phone to my email to upload, and my Samsumg S9 gave an automatic photo resize option - I used to choose the smallest file and resolution is still enough for display here.  Just a bummer I can get my Oppo to do the same, going back to a Sammy next time 🙂 

@TwoHeadsTas yes I was hoping for original turbo twists myself , but I still like the aftermarket currently on the car.

one thing I’m going to change is the color of the side vents, they black instead of being color matched.

Also the mirrors have already been resprayed. The pint peeled of when the wrap was removed.

ok here’s a resized/ trimmed vid.

$25!!!! What kind of tight ar$e forum is this?😁

20 minutes ago, Joz said:

Yes they are 19s, taking it for a drive I feel like I felt every grain of sand, peak and valley on the asphalt.

Yes, the 18's on my 996 C2 I had gave a much more comfortable ride than the 19's that were on my wife's 987 and then 981. 

However, before you change I'd suggest you look at availability of tyres in the size options, and the tyres you want.  You may find that the compromise is a rougher ride if the tyres you want are only available in 19's

1 hour ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

You can get Pilot Sport 4S' now in factory sizing if you didn't want to run Cup 2s. 

That would be a great choice!!  Couldn't get them in 981 sizes a few months ago, had to settle for V105s. 

Mate ran 4S on a 991 GT3RS in Targa Tas, and they performed admirably in the rain, he was very happy, but wouldn't have wanted to run them for a purely dry event though...

5 hours ago, Joz said:

Looks like another 996 turbo has just been sold on CS.

Anyone from here?

From close inspection it was a very straight with lovely paint and clean car if you didn’t mind mind the brown interior. Drove very nicely.

On 07/07/2021 at 21:24, Joz said:

Anyone from here?

From close inspection it was a very straight with lovely paint and clean car if you didn’t mind mind the brown interior. Drove very nicely.

Are the 19's filling out the stock 4x4 ride out look, or  has it been lowered

28 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Seems to be a bit "too reasonable" for a manual at $115k? WOVR, import?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-porsche-911-turbo-996-manual-awd-my01/SSE-AD-7332324

I'll let you know in a few days once the PPI is done, I put a deposit on this car today :Passusabeer: