996-7 Turbo Market Watch

31 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I'll let you know in a few days once the PPI is done, I put a deposit on this car today :Passusabeer:

I'm biased but it if checks out, much more car over a c4s plus that  pricing is less/ not far off  than what some are c4s''s  are asking.    Yeh not the same km's / maybe condition but whats potentially many more smiles per more miles driven worth to you.

DHM doing the PPI???

Is it local delivered?

8 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

DHM doing the PPI???

In this instance, yes. The seller lives 10 minutes from DHM and they're familiar with the car.

9 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

I'm biased but it if checks out, much more car over a c4s plus that  pricing is less/ not far off  than what some are c4s''s  are asking.    Yeh not the same km's / maybe condition but whats  potential more  smiles per miles worth to you.

I'm buying a 911 for the driving experience first and foremost, so I agree with you.

11 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Is it local delivered?

Forgot to ask to be honest.

5 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

In this instance, yes. The seller lives 10 minutes from DHM and they're familiar with the car.

I'm buying a 911 for the driving experience first and foremost, so I agree with you.

Forgot to ask to be honest.

I like your  forgot to ask response on whether it s an import or not.  Your obviously going to be drive it and not worry too much about polishing it with that response

PS the only thing missing on that advertised list is a tune as I see  it.  Who knows but, if the boost gauge goes over 0.7bar  (more than stock and most probably tuned)  your in for a bonus treat.  If not, I reckon thats  the only thing to do after your sort out the PPI  reported stuff  and  you won't be disappointed with your decision of not snoozing with whacking that deposit down 

21 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

I'll let you know in a few days once the PPI is done, I put a deposit on this car today :Passusabeer:

Good work, need to pounce if it’s  the car your looking for. I did the same.👍

By chance did you get to check out the under hood code label? It gives you all the codes for factory fitted accessories.

C23 is the Oz delivery code.

hope the PPI checks out without any major issues, I’m loving mine 😊

15 hours ago, James P said:

Anyone know this car? i think it was mentioned here before, mechanical condition looks very rough 

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2021-shannons-spring-timed-online-auction/DCE2D9804L4ZEKOT/

I spoke to the owner about that 12 months ago. He repainted the car because he “didn’t like silver”.  It also had a number of major electrical issues required a lot of time and money to rectify. Too many stories.

19 hours ago, spiller said:

I spoke to the owner about that 12 months ago. He repainted the car because he “didn’t like silver”.  It also had a number of major electrical issues required a lot of time and money to rectify. Too many stories.

It had a fire from memory and was fixed by PCSS.  Expect this would have been when colour change occurred. 

8 hours ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

It had a fire from memory and was fixed by PCSS.  Expect this would have been when colour change occurred. 

Thanks for confirming. I suspected the owner was leaving out some (all) of the details as to what had gone on with the car.

43 minutes ago, JLD said:

It dropped $20k, maybe he just wants to actually sell it

Nup - it was at the same price as listed now, the last 2 times the scam was on. (May have been the $20k higher price 3 listings back..?) 

1 hour ago, JLD said:

It dropped $20k, maybe he just wants to actually sell it

15 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Nup - it was at the same price as listed now, the last 2 times the scam was on. (May have been the $20k higher price 3 listings back..?) 

I’ve checked both the Vin number and rego, they belong to a grey Subaru.

so I’d say scam 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Dam why did I double quote,sorry luzzo 😁

so this add has some history huh!?

23 minutes ago, Joz said:

so I’d say scam 🤷‍♂️

so this add has some history huh!?

Were there more details on previous ads - anyway thanks for the alert:

Where did you find the Vin number and rego? Did you have to pay, to "buy" them & check them out?

38 minutes ago, JLD said:

Has anyone called?

13 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

photos are old, wouldn't read too much into the rego without actually calling the guy?  

There has never been a phone number listed. 

I have sent an enquiry message every time - never a phone call back. 

20 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

photos are old, wouldn't read too much into the rego without actually calling the guy?  

Why would anyone list a car without correct vin number?

Let alone if your trying to sell something of this value , IMO it’s not a mistake!

32 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

Where did you find the Vin number and rego? Did you have to pay, to "buy" them & check them out?

Yep!

Some simple due diligence.😊

12 minutes ago, luzzo said:

There has never been a phone number listed. 

I have sent an enquiry message every time - never a phone call back. 

Makes you wonder the game is?

Why go through an add and then not try to contact any of the enquiries? Weird!!

1 hour ago, Joz said:

so I’d say scam 🤷‍♂️

Interesting - last time I did the check, the Reg number belonged to a early model Commodore. 

Scammer must have upgraded.