996-7 Turbo Market Watch

12 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Interesting - last time I did the check, the Reg number belonged to a early model Commodore. 

Scammer must have upgraded. 

maybe we should all report it

This ad was up 12 months ago, same price, same no response to enquiry.

I tried on a few occasions to contact the seller and every time, same silence.

It's been on and off a few times, each time the same thing happens. Seller is a tool .. don't know what his end game is but in a market where it should be a $160k car, it's still $118k

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck .. caution required on this one! ..

1 hour ago, ChrisTT said:

Thought you bought a car Jos?

I've spoken with the guy. 

Said it's one of a few cars he owns, originally Brisbane delivered. 

I have but am somewhat having buyers remorse kind of,if this car was available a few weeks prior and is as advertised , even though I actually got what I wanted , yes I love my car but.. 😁  🤷‍♂️ I wish at least  I had a few more options .
But I am willing to give at least first impressions re visual presentation for any interstate buyer before they commit to traveling to check it out. Apparently it’s less than 10ks from my place  so not an issue for me. Also I feel the urge to solve the mystery re this car.

36 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

This ad was up 12 months ago, same price, same no response to enquiry.

I tried on a few occasions to contact the seller and every time, same silence.

It's been on and off a few times, each time the same thing happens. Seller is a tool .. don't know what his end game is but in a market where it should be a $160k car, it's still $118k

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck .. caution required on this one! ..

Fair call mate...wise advice

12 hours ago, Joz said:

I have but am somewhat having buyers remorse kind of,if this car was available a few weeks prior and is as advertised , even though I actually got what I wanted , yes I love my car but.. 😁  🤷‍♂️ I wish at least  I had a few more options .
But I am willing to give at least first impressions re visual presentation for any interstate buyer before they commit to traveling to check it out. Apparently it’s less than 10ks from my place  so not an issue for me. Also I feel the urge to solve the mystery re this car.

Sorry to hear that, Joz. What is it about your car that's giving you remorse?

EDIT: You don't need to answer that.

12 hours ago, Joz said:

I prefer your colour combination Joz, with an 18" wheel change though which I see you are working on :)

1 hour ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Sorry to hear that, Joz. What is it about your car that's giving you remorse?

EDIT: You don't need to answer that.

Reallytruth be told,nothing at all, I absolutely love it .

But when a manual turns up  less than a couple of weeks after purchase for only a fist full of shekels more , grrrrr😁

On 18/07/2021 at 18:29, the_sovereign_man said:

I'll let you know in a few days once the PPI is done, I put a deposit on this car today :Passusabeer:

So I bought the silver '01 turbo manual from CS. What's the general consensus on how much I should insure it for?

Also, stamp duty! WTF. Criminal.

2 minutes ago, Joz said:

Reallytruth be told,nothing at all, I absolutely love it .

But when a manual turns up  less than a couple of weeks after purchase for only a fist full of shekels more , grrrrr😁

Ahhh, understood. A turbo's a turbo my friend. Many would be envious to be in your position I'm sure.

5 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

So I bought the silver '01 turbo manual from CS. What's the general consensus on how much I should insure it for?

Also, stamp duty! WTF. Criminal.

Ahhh, understood. A turbo's a turbo my friend. Many would be envious to be in your position I'm sure.

Aaah insurance time.

Well done obviously the car checked out ok 👍 

I would be trying for what ever the car owes you , full purchase price and on road costs .

I have just gone through the motions as well .

Yep, we love supporting our govmint as often as we can😢 viva la taxes!

3 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

No, Australian delivered.

I'm a little bit pleased with myself.

Figured out the most important dash setting yet?  After the novelty wears off, If its not tuned, get it tuned.  As a boost junky, these  cars are next level when you see >= 1.0 on that boost gauge.

A turbo's a turbo perhaps, but not convinced doing a third gear pull at WOT using predominately your thumb with last century tech is as satisfying as going even older school tech and having to engage your left leg.  

7 hours ago, Joz said:

Ok what’s the boost get to in standard tune?

From what I read the general consensus is 0.7, however, people report seeing higher (0.8) under differing circumstances i.e. high altitude.

22 hours ago, Joz said:

Ok what’s the boost get to in standard tune?

stock on k16 turbo's = 0.7

stock on k24's =0.9

off the shelf tune tune - k16's with exhaust  = circa 1.0bar

custom tune -with exhaust - circa 1.2 bar depending on tuner

non factory tune  vs stock  back to back is night and day difference in terms of throttle response across the rev range based on what I experienced.   Third gear pull  is the most noticeable butt dyno smile on your dial  go to gear change.   Back to back the other notable change was a bit more movement in the rear end when one it and caught me out initially.

^^ thanks, seeing as I’ve on just purchased my car I have been wondering.

Just yesterday I gave the little beast a little squirt  and it jumped past .8 👍😊 not sure where it will get to yet? Pulls like a frickin jet!

Well I’m still stuck in lockdown in the inner burbs🤷‍♂️ No 100+k areas within 5ks😢 .

On 22/07/2021 at 19:33, Joz said:

Still waiting for contact🤷‍♂️I’m keen as !

Ok, my conspiracy theory is he’s wanting to buy a car but trying to artificially drag pricing down.🤔

Still no reply after numerous attempts of contact.