996-7 Turbo Market Watch

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

The knowledge of the PFA members continues to impress me!

You’ll struggle to find a comparable, collective online knowledge base locally. We are fortunate to have so many great contributors here on PFA. 

I’m a member of many other groups (both on and offline) and the exchanges on here are typically the most valuable (and useful!)

Apologies for the thread drift. Turbo talk away! 

I called the guy over 2 years ago (LOVE the colour) and was prepared to buy and clean up, but thought better of it...

Originally had a Techart front bar (ugliest thing known to man) and a few other Techart bits. Was offering all the stock bits at the time too.

Looked good from far........

On 19/08/2021 at 15:59, 911virgin said:

After reading the PPI, how on earth does this car get 4 stars 'Vehicle is in very good condition' and the comment "Drives and looks awesome"?!

It freaking knackered.

7 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

After reading the PPI, how on earth does this car get 4 stars 'Vehicle is in very good condition' and the comment "Drives and looks awesome"?!

It freaking knackered.

Clutch - Shudders

Engine case damaged etc etc. 

They're betting on people not reading the ppi I imagine

On 19/08/2021 at 15:47, on_booost said:

Thanks Lee,

Hoping I can impart some knowledge - and learn a bit as well!

At this point i'm keeping the DDR car...

Simon

65095542765__C0957B76-5387-4422-BD68-F78AFBC8FFB0.jpeg

damn , I was gonna offer to pay your membership fee and pay you good dollar ;)   Dont know about those wheels though.. I will give you $75 for those pimped up seats they look mighty fine . I dont sell stuff I just buy :) 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sjm said:

2 pictures and generic write up, hoping for a minimal effort to sell or a scammer.

Probably just lazy.

Opportunist ...with over market expectations , scammer or otherwise .. dont they realise that they need to vacuum them before listing and be open to review of their copy, photographic skills and be subjected to  the general enthusiast analysis/inquisition  including deeper review their the watch,  garage cleanliness,  level of tyre shine and of course how outlaw their cologne is  ;)   Thats all before we start the deep trawl of social media posts and profiling .

45 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Take a look at any ad with parking sensors, they're not visible side-on.

I agree it's hard depending on the colour and how far back the shot is taken, but it's not impossible.

E.g. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-4s-cabriolet-996-auto-awd-my04/OAG-AD-19777760/?Cr=59

16 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

saw that 996 advertised by a club member

I stand corrected then @the_sovereign_man

17 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Bloody scammers are everywhere

Now I'm thinking of a way to waste the scammers time.  I have lots of burner SIM's for my job (telco testing, not drugs).  Any suggestions?  I am guessing this will be the usual "I work on an oil rig" scams.