996-7 Turbo Market Watch

4 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

I stand corrected then @the_sovereign_man

Now I'm thinking of a way to waste the scammers time.  I have lots of burner SIM's for my job (telco testing, not drugs).  Any suggestions?  I am guessing this will be the usual "I work on an oil rig" scams.

I’m thinking he/she will be trying to get someone to pay a deposit to secure the car for inspection or collection after the lockdown ends. Would be pretty easy to buy a prepaid SIM and create an email address and carsales account. Not sure how you could waste his/her time but I’m all for it.

3 hours ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Take a look at any ad with parking sensors, they're not visible side-on.

I can just see a rear most one.🤷‍♂️
But I was going to offer my services to check it out, alas it looks like a dud add.

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

So I was just checking the PCV website and saw that 996 advertised by a club member,  different name & phone number to the advert on Carsales so I’ve sent him a text to let him know. Bloody scammers are everywhere 🤬

474DC95B-BD05-4B43-8A0C-053E4949E020.jpeg

The last time I reported a scam add to CS it was ignored 🤷‍♂️

This spec "sounds" good - will have to wait for pics....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2008/sse-ad-7397578/?utm_campaign=search-alert&utm_source=notification-center&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=9d2aa2a9-900b-4716-9883-eb7ef5996937

Shows the $$$ for a Low Klm example - Even with a 10% discount - its very good $$$

10 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Look what's back:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2000/sse-ad-7401199/

Is this the one that just went on Shannons?  Is the owner trying to flip it already?

Suspect it didn't sell, the way it reads it is the current owner who had the engine fire and did the fix-up

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

As i have always said - for the right $$$ - make a great track pig!!!

Take the spacers off the rears, (!) put a cage + good suspension in it. 

Coolers + Zorst + Tune = Firecracker!

I don’t think it would even make a decent track car.  Too much Grand Tourer in its DNA. 

7 hours ago, James P said:

So what would be the right price?

Considering it would be a very hard re-sale - even if it was mechanically perfect - nothing is going to change:

1 - Colour Change.

2 - Fire history.

3 - Written-off status.

1. and 2. not such an issue IF (large IF) it was a collectable - Look at the $$ g-body 911s are getting despite being rebuilt or a different colour but #3 is impossible to change and hard to insure.

It'd be reasonable buying to turn into a track car in the 7's.

5 hours ago, mc968cs said:

I don’t think it would even make a decent track car.  Too much Grand Tourer in its DNA. 

Depends on the driver, but you'd know ;)

15 hours ago, on_booost said:

Considering it would be a very hard re-sale - even if it was mechanically perfect - nothing is going to change:

1 - Colour Change.

2 - Fire history.

3 - Written-off status.

1. and 2. not such an issue IF (large IF) it was a collectable - Look at the $$ g-body 911s are getting despite being rebuilt or a different colour but #3 is impossible to change and hard to insure.

It'd be reasonable buying to turn into a track car in the 7's.

Depends on the driver, but you'd know ;)

A man of possibilities , like your outlook , most Porsche advocates just dont have your testicle swinging style .  Im with you fark a good chassis and mezzy motor , go hard and or go home , lets face it a lot of the AC hot rods out there if they came from sydney may have come from the supposed Mosman Autos DNA or similar quality Northshore show rooms when deep down they are born of the welder from for a Western suburbs chop shop pre WOVR registers ;). 

Written off is when you cant drive it ever again isnt it   😀.

This world of technical write offs bemuses me .. if you buy a shitter and do it up and go racing or just want a car for hard core hooligan driving who cares., you just buy the most advanced best engineered car you can get for your money and work it even harder ..because you know it has little residual value .. other than to you , and the laps you clock up.

If you could run it on a set of plates .. it would be Rally one plates .. it screams Rallye Turbo doesnt it .. Mexico Rally 

PS yup since our convo Im your fan boy.. A fella who mods a 993 turbo Respect thats building  what you want or maybe your just god damn crazy like me ..

41 minutes ago, symsy said:

A man of possibilities , like your outlook , most Porsche advocates just dont have your testicle swinging style .  Im with you fark a good chassis and mezzy motor , go hard and or go home , lets face it a lot of the AC hot rods out there if they came from sydney may have come from the supposed Mosman Autos DNA or similar quality Northshore show rooms when deep down they are born of the welder from for a Western suburbs chop shop pre WOVR registers ;). 

Written off is when you cant drive it ever again isnt it   😀.

This world of technical write offs bemuses me .. if you buy a shitter and do it up and go racing or just want a car for hard core hooligan driving who cares., you just buy the most advanced best engineered car you can get for your money and work it even harder ..because you know it has little residual value .. other than to you , and the laps you clock up.

If you could run it on a set of plates .. it would be Rally one plates .. it screams Rallye Turbo doesnt it .. Mexico Rally 

PS yup since our convo Im your fan boy.. A fella who mods a 993 turbo Respect thats building  what you want or maybe your just god damn crazy like me ..

This is and can be registered so a better proposition!

1 hour ago, Mondo74 said:

For some reason I have it in my CS watch list, and it's been there forever.  I keep getting "Interest is increasing" messages about it, but it never sells.  In fact I think the price might even have increased?

7 hours ago, Mondo74 said:

Has anyone checked out the lapis blue 996tt manual on Cs? It's an import and not a big fan of interior but still curious. 

It’s been on CS for an eternity, surprisingly the price hasn’t increased throughout covid ?

Being an Import and tan interior definitely holding it back, a fair few around that price range have sold pretty quickly

19 minutes ago, crsedge said:

Yes MPH speedo. Unfortunately I wouldn't think the interior is to everyone's preference either.

Savannah photos never look great.  Bit I don't think I've ever seen one in the 'flesh', so have often wondered if the reality of that colour is better than the photos suggest.

2 hours ago, tomo said:

And that there ^^^^^^^^^  is precisely why the Blue one isn't selling.

Even if you paid the right $$$ = you'd still have to dump $$ to even get close.

If you wanted a track car - its always better buying someone else's project..... they burnt the $$$