996-7 Turbo Market Watch

21 hours ago, GRK930 said:

I Know of a silver manual with 100,000kms, black interior, available for private sale. 2000 model from memory. Can be had for a tick under $100k. 

So a few more details have come to hand. Car has 130kms, is a 2002 model and has the x50 option

23 minutes ago, GRK930 said:

Not 100% sure but I also think the seats may be slightly different as well

Yes the X50 has got the laggier k24s but a few more ponies higher up the rev range eg 450hp and intercoolers and ECU tweak.  Add ceramic / bigger brakes and a 2005 build date and a few S badges and you have  a turbo S

1 hour ago, GRK930 said:

So a few more details have come to hand. Car has 130kms, is a 2002 model and has the x50 option

Is that aud delivered or New Zealand delivered.  I recall that year, colour with about 1xxkm  and silver painted hardback seats with a x50 and denison ?? Bluetooth setup for 5 figures out of Sydney about three years ago but Nz delivered 

On 21/02/2019 at 10:36, Fraz said:

Nice, if that car checks out someone will get a rare optioned car at a bargain price. That mileage is nothing for a Mezger. 

So my company needs to do about 110% of budget and then I sell the C2 right at the top of the market and I'll be close to making an offer!

😂

On 21/02/2019 at 10:36, Fraz said:

Nice, if that car checks out someone will get a rare optioned car at a bargain price. That mileage is nothing for a Mezger. 

I just received the options list. No X50 listed. I think the owner is misinformed. Car drives very nice and looks neat.

On 25/02/2019 at 18:26, GRK930 said:

I just received the options list. No X50 listed. I think the owner is misinformed. Car drives very nice and looks neat.

Thanks for passing on my details, seems like a nice guy and nice car, $105k firm. The turbo I put a deposit on a month ago came through, so now trying to see if any of my mates are keen for that fellas tidy car.

Ok who bought this, I spotted it in Lilydale yesterday and get the sold notification today. Yes I’m sure it’s the same car, still had the Qld plates on it.

I will admit it looks a lot better in person and sounds a treat. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-Porsche-911-Turbo-996-Manual-AWD-MY02/SSE-AD-5400089

On 01/03/2019 at 14:45, Fraz said:

Ok who bought this, I spotted it in Lilydale yesterday and get the sold notification today. Yes I’m sure it’s the same car, still had the Qld plates on it.

I will admit it looks a lot better in person and sounds a treat. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2001-Porsche-911-Turbo-996-Manual-AWD-MY02/SSE-AD-5400089

What was it listed at? 

I would love one but wouldn't have Tiptronic and would be under $100k 

I believe we will regret no picking them up at current prices in a few years.

On 02/03/2019 at 20:57, Fraz said:

E47-BBB28-7334-477-A-A74-F-E0-A5-CCA2-DE

This thing read like an animal, had a mod list longer than the Great Wall of China, and would have gone like a cut snake! I wonder what offer was finally accepted, as I guess most people would have been well scared off by the mods, and the poor photos. Amazing value if it doesn't grenade and if everything was done properly!

37 minutes ago, PASHN8 said:

This thing read like an animal, had a mod list longer than the Great Wall of China, and would have gone like a cut snake! I wonder what offer was finally accepted, as I guess most people would have been well scared off by the mods, and the poor photos. Amazing value if it doesn't grenade and if everything was done properly!

Mezgers are bullet proof in a gt3 but grenagable in a turbo. Ha ha.  So one of  top 4  tuners in the mark,  with stock rods replaced and if 7 coolant lines preferably  welded or pinned as a minimum and a decent clutch that holds more than 890nm and   what's the concern with grenaging besides the odd boost pipe leak that throws you into limp mode anyway  More likely IO error and or bad tune.   eg lazy gear changing in 6th and plenty of boost over stock  and stomping on it with stock rods more likely to grenade a mezger.  Eg high torque load  at low rpm .  Who sinks 100k on a stock 996  plus  50k plus in parts and  labour and doesnt do things properly.   All in the tuner as I see it and that to me is a first sign of cheaping out.  That car had a tune from one of the 4 best in business US tuners for  a 996tt and you dont sustain 550 plus hp on tap over time if you have cheapened out.  Higher boost like  close to more than double the factory boost  has a way of biting you in the backside if you don't do things properly and those top 4 tuners  go about it in a certain way and counsel on bits  to make their tunes safe whilst delivering performance.  Eg pick your tuner first and your desired goal and parts follow.    Bargain indeed for someone.

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

Group discount right.  Eg you get  3 of them for that price.  Ps theres a 997gt2 with a third less ks and reckon you can get it starting with a 2 number.

Whats so special about a x50.  Buy a Cobb access port as a diagnostic tool and slip of the menu button and you can accidentally get more power and better drivability than the X50 for $895 usd on a stock one.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Whats going on in that last photo?  Hack the panel with a Stanley Knife and rig up 3 red wires.  What the??

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:26, Troubleshooter said:

$310k hahhahahahaha - he's seeing double … well typing double anyway (nearly)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2002/SSE-AD-5915775/?gts=SSE-AD-5915775&gtssaleid=SSE-AD-5915775&rankingType=Spotlight

Now down to $249000.

Still about $80000 overpriced.......

Cheers,

Geoff.