F1 2019

LeeM

3 hours ago, TINGY996 said:

Ask a stupid question.......

He reminds me of the NRL coach Wayne Bennett, very dry and to the point, i do like Kimi. I think it can be taken as arrogant but he seems to be a bit shy to me.

I think a combo of shy and no time or regard for the small stuff - all business and no bullshit -  He always gets those Raybans on so quick after a race as the journos descend!

• 4 weeks later...

"Our Dan" is finding the "circuit" tough. Elite sport is all about the money,  on every level. Everyone wants their two bobs' worth and you can't blame a sportsman for feeling flat after all the media work.
It's a tough gig. Just as well it's quite well paid.

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Think I might have a crack too 😁 

Bummer it ended so quick, as I reckon he was good for top 6

In what is effectively a 2-4 car race that’s still last. 

Never has driving a car at 300+ km/h been so boring. I tried to get excited but it was a great example of how uncompetitive the “sport” is. Great example of how too much money can ruin pretty much anything, egos included! 

Absolutley @hugh

I've thought that about F1 for years now, and the Sky Sports dreary commentators babbling on and on and on during a race, then the F1 show, then their analysis post races which I just can't watch. Then ofcourse you have Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen etc who have the personality of a brick.  

V8's are the same now too

Money does indeed spoil just about everything. Spend too much on a car? "Too nice to drive".
AFL football experiments? You get better actual footy watching the under 16s at your local school.
The list goes on. 
Long live banger racing & backyard cricket! 

Top five Formula 1 driver salaries for 2019

• Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes — $74.73m
  • Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari — $57.06m
  • Daniel Ricciardo, Renault — $49.57m
  • Max Verstappen, Red Bull — $18.70m
  • Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes — $12.16m

28 minutes ago, Raven said:

Top five Formula 1 driver salaries for 2019

• Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes — $74.73m
  • Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari — $57.06m
  • Daniel Ricciardo, Renault — $49.57m
  • Max Verstappen, Red Bull — $18.70m
  • Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes — $12.16m

It’s a wonder Bottas even shows up for that pittance 😂

49 minutes ago, firstone said:

They get a shirt cap n all the hot dogs they can eat, pepsi or coke. Oh and free entry.

I was told by one of the track marshalls at the Adelaide 500 they had to buy or bring their own food and drink. Then again, it's now run by the SA government, so that's not surprising 

59 minutes ago, hugh said:

Keep in mind all track marshals, most of the recovery teams and a lot of the medics are all volunteers. Bit of perspective. 

Like big business mate. The CEO fat cats get all the cash, and the ones who make them all the money get screwed 

On 26 November 2018 at 14:22, Coastr said:

With reflection I've come to realize that you virtually have to have that attitude to win.  You've got to crush and control a lot of massive egos at that level to win.  You have to be willing to be ruthless. 

Agree.  Look at any top level Motorsport driver.  They all share a huge ego for their own ability.  Drive to Survive on Netflix clearly shows if you don't have absolute belief that you are good enough to be world champion (ie. Arrogance) then you WILL NOT get a seat let alone succeed in F1.  Some are able to pull it off more respectfully than others without overtly showing their arrogance.  

as for Hamilton, I'm no fan boy but to question his talent and style is nonsense.  He's legitimately won a lot of pole positions, races and world Championships.  I reckon his tats and chains look a bit silly but who cares.  you can't hate on a bloke for being who he is.  I'd have less respect if he rocked up in tweed and flat cap to fit the stuffy F1 image.

the fact we're debating this unimportant stuff just highlights how bland the racing is.

kimi is the favourite - journalist asks "why go to Sauber Kimi?", his response with a smirk "why not?" And just leaves it at that. 😂😂

• 4 weeks later...

Much better result for Dan today. Woulda been a pretty dull race for him, fairly non eventful but I’m bet he’s just glad his car had no issues. I still haven’t heard why hulk retired?

Those Merc’s just look so strong. Gunna take a lot of work from Ferrari to catch them in the constructors. I love the Leclerc looked as fast as Vettel again! Can’t believe they made him let Vettel past, it was obvious that Vettel was only keeping up because he could use drs on the straight. 

Just need Jack Miller to finish safely tonight!

• 1 month later...