Sad day, my ex car is dead

Jason A

Yes it’s the Ktec car, just repaired after an off in a rally in Perth. They were driving to Scruteneering in preparation for the Adelaide rally, smelt fuel - pulled over and car caught alight, fire extinguishers on board are unable to put it out

Doesn't matter if its a P-Car or a jalopy - it always hurts to see things like this happen to one's ex. I had an old 280E Merc that I sold to a mate for $5K. He had it for 3 months before someone ran a red light and T-boned the car into write-off land. Thankfully he was ok but the car didn't survive. Hope no one got hurt fighting the fire.   

Devastating. That's my worst nightmare right there. A crash you will recover something, Fire, it generally all goes in the bin. Long drive there for the WA boys to see it end like that. Time to fit that fire bomb i keep talking about....although this seems like it kicked off very quickly. Not sure anything would have saved it.  Fibreglass body parts don't help. 

3 hours ago, 3legs said:

Fire must have been intense from the start.

See the 3 fire extinguishers next to the car.

Such a shame. 

Plus one on the grass. Just goes to prove that you need some serious fire fighting gear to save a car!!

Archived