Deposit Taken - $20K - 1966 912 (LHD) Project - Rust Free -

FS: $20K firm

Price reduced as 914 motor and 901 tranny have been sold back to previous owner. 

Ladies and Gents

I recently purchased a lovely 66 912 project to build as a little hotrod. 

I am getting cold feet as I have just realised I have neither the space nor the time to do anything with the project in the near future.  In addition, I am renting a super cool warehouse space to store and work on the car, but it’s not cheap. 

Here are the details of the car: 

·       Make: Porsche

·       Model: 912

·       Year: 66 (built late 65);

·       Colour: originally Light Ivory, but currently donning primer;

·       Country of Delivery: German (LHD);

·       Engine: Non-matching 2.0L Porsche 914 engine.  Engine has slightly more aggressive cams and additional fan shroud.

·       Gearbox: Porsche 901 tranny;

The car is currently set up as a rust-free rolling chassis and is now ready for panel fitment, body prep and paint.

The shell was sandblasted and all rust was removed from the car – floor pans; suspension pans; inner and outer door sills; door jams / strikers; rear quarters; rear window bottoms; plus misc patches here and there were removed and new panels welded in by Kustom Kombis in the Central Coast.

It appears the previous owner was planning on building a 912-6 (i.e. a 912 with a 6 cylinder 911 engine), or the shell may have been “updated” in a past life, as the engine mounts are from a 911. 

I pounced on this car a few months ago.  Of all the longhood project cars that I’ve at over the past 5 years, this was the first truly rust free one.  Hard to say no to that!

The car is currently a roller and comes with all body panels (except a front bumper) and all major components. 

This will make a serious hot little SWB hotrod. And, most importantly, a blank canvas. If you have the time and space, this will be a very cost effective hotrod build! 

PM or call (0403 278 349) if interested

Cheers

Jono

KHjuRkT.jpgpcxWohP.jpg 

3grcSOq.jpg

aOaLNHk.jpg

K46TC08.jpg

TF9O8de.jpg

c1ZvKaV.jpg

PmTqAIq.jpg

bnBkFkp.jpg

i55l1Qj.jpg

CFP18Mk.jpg

HxFjJ3O.jpg

67foAe4.jpg

E37Nz5m.jpg

KKj3vE5.jpg

7xcdTbH.jpg

SbTAT1a.jpg

gwtOevP.jpg

8JuTNcP.jpg

BahKj7z.jpg

gPLqz6Y.jpg

Here is a Link to more photos, including the interior and the parts that come with the car:

- PARTS: https://imgur.com/gallery/EyR7qxi

- EXTERIOR and INTERIOR: https://imgur.com/gallery/HceOlwu

8 hours ago, JonoF said:

FS: $28,000.00

Ladies and Gents

I recently purchased a lovely 66 912 project to build as a little hotrod. 

I am getting cold feet as I have just realised I have neither the space nor the time to do anything with the project in the near future.  In addition, I am renting a super cool warehouse space to store and work on the car, but it’s not cheap. 

Here are the details of the car: 

·       Make: Porsche

·       Model: 912

·       Year: 66 (built late 65);

·       Colour: originally Light Ivory, but currently donning primer;

·       Country of Delivery: German (LHD);

·       Engine: Non-matching 2.0L Porsche 914 engine.  Engine has slightly more aggressive cams and additional fan shroud.

·       Gearbox: Porsche 901 tranny;

The car is currently set up as a rust-free rolling chassis and is now ready for panel fitment, body prep and paint.

The shell was sandblasted and all rust was removed from the car – floor pans; suspension pans; inner and outer door sills; door jams / strikers; rear quarters; rear window bottoms; plus misc patches here and there were removed and new panels welded in by Kustom Kombis in the Central Coast.

It appears the previous owner was planning on building a 912-6 (i.e. a 912 with a 6 cylinder 911 engine), or the shell may have been “updated” in a past life, as the engine mounts are from a 911. 

I pounced on this car a few months ago.  Of all the longhood project cars that I’ve at over the past 5 years, this was the first truly rust free one.  Hard to say no to that!

The car is currently a roller and comes with all body panels (except a front bumper) and all major components. 

This will make a serious hot little SWB hotrod. And, most importantly, a blank canvas. If you have the time and space, this will be a very cost effective hotrod build! 

PM or call (0403 278 349) if interested

Cheers

Jono

can sell you a rust free 912 that needs no work doing to it mate  - #tangy

1 hour ago, ELSPORTO said:

How much?

$70K ono

Need to start planning for the new arrival..

2 hours ago, JonoF said:

Do you offer a payment plan...?

yep

50% upfront down payment

25% 3 months later

Final 25% 3 months after that

then you get the keys and car :) 

3 hours ago, turboT said:

$70K ono

yep

50% upfront down payment

25% 3 months later

Best thread hi jack ever. ;) 

On 07/12/2018 at 13:30, turboT said:

$70K ono

yep

50% upfront down payment

25% 3 months later

Lovely car .... 

Bump for Jono's 912 too - good starting price at $28k that's for sure .....

On 18/12/2018 at 13:14, JonoF said:

Final price drop before I chuck it up on fleabay. $20K. 

How “roller” is roller?

Also, has it had reg here before?

2019 project is a Group 4.  Have the guard extensions and front and rear bits as well as the duck so ... will either get the 3.6 IROC motor or the 3.9 “Bathurst” motor

Can you PM me and I’ll give you email details for pics and more details etc.

Archived