Tyre Blackener

Lucky Phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Most products are silicone or water based, and will sling or wash off. I've used a petroleum-based product for about 10 years, which reinstates the pasticizers that UV leaches from tyres, penetrates rather than sits on the surface (so no sling/wash off) and lasts well. It gives a matt, original, rather than cheap used car lot spivvy shine.

Not available in Aus though I don't think, Race Glaze Colour Enhance from the UK.

On 15/01/2019 at 00:00, GT3 said:

Sorry a late post. I tripped over Bowden's Own when I was trying to find how to deal with the leather on the GT3s Recaro buckets. Their Wheely Clean and Tyre Sheen along with their whole range are good (Australian) product. Bowden's Own Tyre Sheen

Second that, their entire range is great!

• 2 months later...
On 20/11/2018 at 21:59, MFX said:

The factory plastic trim pieces for my 240z are all cracked and broken, so this week I repaired them and covered them in alcantara.

Hi Jeff - Shane Here we met briefly on a run down south - I had the Lapis Blua C4 996 

I'm looking for some help in finding a reasonable supplier of Alcantara and where you might recommend.

Thanks Shane

Ps - admire your work , 

3 hours ago, 01CFOR said:

Hi Jeff - Shane Here we met briefly on a run down south - I had the Lapis Blua C4 996 

I'm looking for some help in finding a reasonable supplier of Alcantara and where you might recommend.

Thanks Shane

Ps - admire your work , 

Alcantara is a brand name basically, the product is micro suede. I got mine from Daleys in Chester Hill, Sydney, for a reasonable price. I am not sure where you actually get genuine Alcantara brand stuff, but it is around, it is just very expensive.