tazzieman

Parking meter sensors , how do they work , exactly?

Electromagnetic pads blah blah.
But fine details,  please!
No I haven't been fined recently. Nor even paid to use one.

Very good chance it would mistake a lot of items for a car. Would be interesting to mess with them. 

1 hour ago, tazzieman said:

Would it be activated if I stood on it wearing my suit of armour , or popped a kettlebell on top?

Maybe, but not a 14 lb sledge hammer 

Some one will find or now of a way to hack those or mess with them ..............:Chuckle2:

As mentioned above would be easy to damage with a sledge hammer or tools that tradies carry in their utes ...

12 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

"Scenario 1 – Terrestrial victim receiver close to sensors: The aggregate interference that is guaranteed not to affect the victim receiver is generally accepted as half the noise floor of the victim receiver. Thermal noise at the victim receiver’s inputs is -114 dBm/MHz for practical temperatures. A highly sensitive portable receiver will have a noise factor of 9dB as a typical value (ECC Report 064 section 4.4.1), resulting in a receiver noise floor of -105 dBm. Therefore we can consider aggregate, peak interference levels below -108 dBm/MHz to be guaranteed not to affect the victim receiver (in reality, interference levels up to -100 dBm/MHz will not likely to have any noticeable effect due to the victim receiver’s noise tolerance features). "

So , let's get this straight. If by some miracle I manage to park my awesome  '73 Land Rover over one of these fancy pants spycatchers - and drip oil on it (a given) it will still work ? Am I the "victim receiver",  or is it?

31 minutes ago, OZ930 said:

Interesting one sided  grovel to the ACMA to gain additional spectrum. 

The tech is eaisly defeated by a small flat correctly angled conductive plate under the car or some conductive bitumen coloured paint on it. Also easy to actively  jam the sensor. The better ones will use more than one method of detection. 

5 minutes ago, Redracn said:

The tech is eaisly defeated by a small flat correctly angled conductive plate under the car or some conductive bitumen coloured paint on it. Also easy to actively  jam the sensor. The better ones will use more than one method of detection. 

Now you're talking :Laughter:

None of this foreign malarkey "The primary interference concern from stakeholders in the 6.0 to 6.6 GHz region was for the EESS radiometers operating at 6.8-6.9 GHz used for soil moisture measurement as a land use."

That's too easy. What I want is someone to design a device that bolts under my Landy that defeats the parking gestapo.
I know there are some clever bastards here

Isn't "stealth" the new Lancaster bomber Harvs?
Just want a bolt on anti electromagnetothingummyjiggy.