993 Carrera S availability

Deadman

Hi there

I've been on the lookout for a manual 993 Carrera S and have not seen many on the market. Does anyone have any idea how many are out there and approx how much I one in reasonable condition would cost me (I know this is a 'how long is a piece string'm question, but just looking for ballpark figures)?

Many thanks.

Cheers

DM

The Kid says

95, 993 C2S cars were delivered in 97.

Apparently 10% were manuals............seven or eight I am lead to believe.

Good luck and and be prepared to pay a premium

I brought a C2S tipper.................loved the car hated the box

Subsequently converted to a manual, and I love it!!

BUT finding an Aussie 6 speed box and ancillaries is like finding the  thylacine

Yes, the vast majority of C2S brought into Australia were tiptronic. You will have to pay heavily for a manual version unfortunately as there were only 7 brought in ultimately. 

To give you a perspective, I was looking for a very specific combo of C2S, color and manual box. Because I would not compromise on the gearbox or color... I eventually had to pay very very close to $200k 

On 7 December 2018 at 19:30, Okrasa Kid said:

The Kid says

95, 993 C2S cars were delivered in 97.

Apparently 10% were manuals............seven or eight I am lead to believe.

Good luck and and be prepared to pay a premium

I brought a C2S tipper.................loved the car hated the box

Subsequently converted to a manual, and I love it!!

BUT finding an Aussie 6 speed box and ancillaries is like finding the  thylacine

O'kid

tell us the story on your tranny conversion. Did you do it yourself or had it done? Sourcing a box Aussie or OS? Any issues for the unwary. Did you convert the auto dash bits to manual. And the big question: what kind of $$$$ are we looking at?

• 3 weeks later...

My 2 cents worth.  Manual C2 coupes, earlier models '94-'96 and 100-200k's odometer with solid books/history Aust delivered I would say anywhere from $105-$130k.  Better examples, lower k's and later varioram models anywhere from $130-165k.  

S4 manuals '97 which are rarer, anywhere from $175-$220k depending on how low k's are and service history/condition.  Of course people ask higher $ but I think around $175k-195k is fair coin.  I feel like the market has peaked on this model.  I may be very wrong as well :)

Archived