997 replacement gauge cluster

Ten Degrees

Hi all,

on my 997.1 S, the LCD screen on the bottom of the tacho is not good. Faded and looks like the screen itself is broken, as there is an orange alien looking thing growing in the corner.  Actually the photos don't to it justice.  Looks far worse for real.

Has anyone purchased and replaced the cluster?

Any ideas where you would get one?

thanks

Tim

IMG_7148.jpeg

IMG_7147.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Ten Degrees said:

Hi all,

on my 997.1 S, the LCD screen on the bottom of the tacho is not good. Faded and looks like the screen itself is broken, as there is an orange alien looking thing growing in the corner.  Actually the photos don't to it justice.  Looks far worse for real.

Has anyone purchased and replaced the cluster?

Any ideas where you would get one?

thanks

Tim

IMG_7148.jpeg

IMG_7147.jpeg

I imagine that will be quite expensive for a little issue like that.

Can't speak for whether or not they are any good or not, but have seen this ad on gumtree:  https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alexandria/other-parts-accessories/porsche-986-996-cayenne-and-vw-touareg-instrument-cluster-repair/1159497030

• 4 months later...

Saw this on Gumtree, no affiliation and haven't used them they just have a 997 screen in their ad:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/alexandria/other-parts-accessories/porsche-986-996-cayenne-and-vw-touareg-instrument-cluster-repair/1159497030

I have used Howards instruments on other non Porsche gauge clusters - they were good but service was slow because they do some many cluster repairs.