Morning composer

JV911

1 minute ago, Cappa said:

Yes, my wife's GLC 63S Coupe is due at the Melb dealership in two days. The GT-R was not on the MC though, no drama.

Looks like we have a winner! That's a good turnaround. Looking like mid next week for me.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Transport and Main Roads has it logged as shuffling from Point Cartwright to POB (Fisherman Is 1) from 1pm-4:30pm tomorrow and then heading off again at 6pm. 

Still plenty of time for the ghosts of the Australian car industry to whip up a tidal wave or a plague of brown marmorated locusts. 

10 minutes ago, Cappa said:

Yes, my wife's GLC 63S Coupe is due at the Melb dealership in two days. The GT-R was not on the MC though, no drama.

So where is your GT R? On the other diseased ship Thalatta? I hope you track it down soon.

1 minute ago, Cappa said:

On the Hamburg dock apparently with a huge backlog of cars for MB & VW brands waiting for available ships.

Of course, I didn't think about the knock-on effect back in Europe of 4 large vehicle carriers having up to an 8 week delay!

33 minutes ago, Cappa said:

On the Hamburg dock apparently with a huge backlog of cars for MB & VW brands waiting for available ships.

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear it. And we thought we had it tough... It'll be interesting to see how the shipping companies and car manufacturers respond to this issue. 

2 minutes ago, Orange said:

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear it. And we thought we had it tough... It'll be interesting to see how the shipping companies and car manufacturers respond to this issue. 

You know, that's okay cos we got one car anyway apparently by this weekend. And we'll all soon have ours after such an ordeal. We all know about Stink Bug now don't we, and people who don't know about them are interested when you tell them the drama-filled story. My wife was going to call her car 'lucky' at one stage, as in Lucky if it gets here before friggin Easter! Now it'll probably be Stinky.

1 minute ago, Carlene said:

So my dealer just rang and said my car is booked in for pre delivery here in Adelaide on the 7th of feb so a few days after that I should be able to pick up 🤩🤩🤩🤩 *insert happy dance* 👍🏻👍🏻

Wonderful! Congrats - look forward to seeing the photo(s)! 

2 minutes ago, Carlene said:

So my dealer just rang and said my car is booked in for pre delivery here in Adelaide on the 7th of feb so a few days after that I should be able to pick up 🤩🤩🤩🤩 *insert happy dance* 👍🏻👍🏻

Awesome news, congrats! After the concern as to where your car was going to end up that is great news that you are so close to receiving it.

2 hours ago, Carlene said:

Congratulations! Great news! Can't wait to see photos! 

3 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Awesome news, congrats! After the concern as to where your car was going to end up that is great news that you are so close to receiving it.

I know hey! It’s nice to have some confirmation and it is on its way to Adelaide via train I think 

and to be on the final stretch to getting it 🤩🤩 

As a newcomer to the forum and a latecomer to the discussion, but following the saga closely, hearty congrats to those of you about to get your new toys.

Mine is the car referred to earlier by Orange, offloaded in Port Kembla but now quarantined by DAWR. Frustrating.

Coulld be worse, I’m told the stink bugs smell like coriander when crushed!

14 minutes ago, Bleak said:

As a newcomer to the forum and a latecomer to the discussion, but following the saga closely, hearty congrats to those of you about to get your new toys.

Mine is the car referred to earlier by Orange, offloaded in Port Kembla but now quarantined by DAWR. Frustrating.

Coulld be worse, I’m told the stink bugs smell like coriander when crushed!

Wow, that's not good. So are you getting any information from your dealer, Prixcar/WWL or DAWR?

7 minutes ago, Bleak said:

Nothing from dealer, PCA or Patrick Autocare. Anyone know if there’s somewhere in DAWR I can check this out? I reckon they’re a little preoccupied with fish kills just ATM

Welcome to our little world! Do you have VIN from your dealer? If so, you can track it via prixcar website. If the website doesn't show anything, I can make some calls tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Gojaria said:

Welcome to our little world! Do you have VIN from your dealer? If so, you can track it via prixcar website. If the website doesn't show anything, I can make some calls tomorrow. 

@Bleak If you hadn't noticed, Gojaria is the fountain of all knowledge...😄

14 minutes ago, Gojaria said:

MC is still at anchor outside of Sunshine Coast. Not sure what is happening. It is a bit disappointing as they changed the ETA but still not in dock yet.

The port schedule now shows it moving into port from 8.30am local time, so should start heading in soon.

15 hours ago, Bleak said:

Hadn’t bothered to get the VIN but will get it tomorrow and see what I can track. Very generous of you to offer assistance 🙏

Will let you know

Hi Bleak,

Once you get your VIN, contact Prixcar and get Entry Number for DAWR. This should be a nine digit number starts with A or Z. Once you get that, call 1800 900 090 and press option 1 then 2 and then 1. That would be the document assessment team and they can tell you status of the car. If this is too difficult, please PM me your VIN.

Archived