Morning composer

JV911

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/12/2018 at 22:44, Aus-Ipace said:

It is only Australia and New Zealand that are so strict on the stink bugs (BMSB) and only between September and March, and it seems that they have been additionally vigilant this season in identifying and turning away cargo with these bugs.

I assume Indonesia already have these bugs so don't give as much of a sh#t about unloading the cargo there, although it sounds like the process is pretty thorough as they want to be positioned to offer this service in the future by the sound of it: https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=id&u=https://www.batamnews.co.id/daerah-6-bintan.html&prev=search

This latest article doesn't unfortunately give any indication of progress.....

I assume Indonesia already have these bugs OR simply don't give a sh#t about them (or have the proper facilities or the requisite cash adjustments have been made)

Update received from Jaguar Land Rover:

Morning Composer due to depart Bintan on the 8th Jan with the following estimated arrival dates:

Fremantle - 16/01

Melbourne - 21/01

Port Kembla - 23/01

Brisbane - 25/01

Hope that helps, assuming these dates are accurate. Hopefully a light at the end of the bug-infested tunnel.

Hey let's hope that's right. Man you are onto it, well done. Please post any updates you get. Re-reading the estimated schedule. It sounds a bit quick though to be arriving in Port Kembla just two days after it's due to arrive in Melb (and unload etc.)

Most of the schedules are like that, for example, arrive in Melbourne on the 16th and leave on the 16th. Based on the schedule for a mate's car that had the delivery ship showing the same sort of dates for Melbourne arrival and departure this was right.

The most important thing will be that the ship departs ok on the 8th and that it is allowed into Fremantle!

5 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Morning Composer due to depart Bintan on the 8th Jan with the following estimated arrival dates:

Fremantle - 16/01

Melbourne - 21/01

Port Kembla - 23/01

Brisbane - 25/01

Hope that helps, assuming these dates are accurate. Hopefully a light at the end of the bug-infested tunnel.

Thanks mate.  I also have a car on that ship and got the same update today from my LandRover Dealer.  I ordered mine in July, so it has been a long wait! 

It appears there is another ship that is being held in Auckland for similar treatment, before heading to Australia.  I was surprised that New Zealand would allow that, but I guess it's not our problem.

Let's hope they stick to the schedule and the cars are here soon.  My dealer was telling me that JLR have 852 cars on that boat that were all supposed to be delivered before Christmas....

I have been waiting for my RRS. You can see the schedule on Wallenius Wilhelmsen website. Go to: https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?minHt=480&htMethod=bodyLastElem&frameId=154586978061686100&url=https%3A%2F%2Fschedule.2wglobal.com%2FScheduleRWD%2F. If it doesn't open the voyage, please click on the rightward arrow, click on Find by Voyage and type voyage number: CO840-MCM. Select List from top and you will see the update similar to what Aus-IPace wrote. Mind you, it doesn't show the diversion. 

Great, yeah it looks like Freo around middle of Jan, then Melb and up the East coast by later this month. Good one!

11 hours ago, RRVelar said:

Thanks mate.  I also have a car on that ship and got the same update today from my LandRover Dealer.  I ordered mine in July, so it has been a long wait! 

It appears there is another ship that is being held in Auckland for similar treatment, before heading to Australia.  I was surprised that New Zealand would allow that, but I guess it's not our problem.

Let's hope they stick to the schedule and the cars are here soon.  My dealer was telling me that JLR have 852 cars on that boat that were all supposed to be delivered before Christmas....

Plenty of Jags, Land Rovers, Mercs, Porsche's, Ferrari's and everything else it seems. Late Christmas present for us when it finally gets here.

On 04/01/2019 at 15:42, Aus-Ipace said:

Fremantle - 16/01

Melbourne - 21/01

Port Kembla - 23/01

Brisbane - 25/01

Thanks mate.

My radio silence from my rep at Jag :rolleyes:

I spoke to a mate who works at VW today.  They also have cars on the Morning Composer and another ship (Thalatta) that has been denied approval to discharge in Fremantle - along with the Morning Lynn that has been denied completion of discharging operations in NZ due to quarantine issues.  The VW info today was that the docking time for the Morning Composer in Melbourne was 22/1, so a day later than originally proposed.

The salesman I have been dealing with at JLR says he has never seen anything like it.

I asked how protected the cars were during this transport phase and he told me they are basically in limp home mode - so can't get out of first gear, speed limited to 20km/h and only able to open the drivers door.  This gives me some comfort that at least they are being too damaged during the load/unload process!  He also sent me a photo of the way the cars arrive!

Transport packaging.jpg

25 minutes ago, Gojaria said:

Yeah, but at this stage Fremantle are expecting the ship at 1am (local time) on the 20th, so a little after the schedule. This may just be an estimate based on arriving outside of Fremantle and accounting for some time to inspect the ship.

Here is the Fremantle expected arrivals page - search for "Morning" or scroll through the pages to find the entries for arrival and departure of the Morning Composer.https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/vtmis/dashb.ashx?db=fmp.public&btn=ExpectedMovements

Also the original update from JLR suggested the ship would leave Bintan today but I haven't seen that as yet, although I don't have satellite tracking on the ship. Currently it shows it still located in Bintan, but there has not been an update for a while as this is based on AIS data. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:463978/mmsi:371659000/vessel:MORNING COMPOSER/_:dda28e31770b83b60facc1d54e594204

As you can see, I have been extensively following this stuff waaaay too much for way too long! I could probably get a job reading the shipping forecast now! 🤣

1 minute ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Yeah, but at this stage Fremantle are expecting the ship at 1am (local time) on the 20th, so a little after the schedule. This may just be an estimate based on arriving outside of Fremantle and accounting for some time to inspect the ship.

Here is the Fremantle expected arrivals page - search for "Morning" or scroll through the pages to find the entries for arrival and departure of the Morning Composer.https://www3.fremantleports.com.au/vtmis/dashb.ashx?db=fmp.public&btn=ExpectedMovements

Also the original update from JLR suggested the ship would leave Bintan today but I haven't seen that as yet, although I don't have satellite tracking on the ship. Currently it shows it still located in Bintan, but there has not been an update for a while as this is based on AIS data. https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:463978/mmsi:371659000/vessel:MORNING COMPOSER/_:dda28e31770b83b60facc1d54e594204

As you can see, I have been extensively following this stuff waaaay too much for way too long! I could probably get a job reading the shipping forecast now! 🤣

Mate, I get it - I have been waiting so long for this car, this last part is just painful.  Sold my old car already as well, so I am carless!

Just now, RRVelar said:

Mate, I get it - I have been waiting so long for this car, this last part is just painful.  Sold my old car already as well, so I am carless!

Yep, same. I sold my car in October as I was expecting the new one late November. I ordered it in March!

I've got a loaner from the Jaguar dealer that I am paying a fee for, so will be asking for JLR to cover most of that.

8 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Yep, same. I sold my car in October as I was expecting the new one late November. I ordered it in March!

I've got a loaner from the Jaguar dealer that I am paying a fee for, so will be asking for JLR to cover most of that.

You got a better deal than me - I was offered a Corolla from them that I will need to pay for...

I have a new 51ft yacht on board that I ordered over a year ago and sold my old one so no boat this summer break and back to work next week, total ball up! What I find the most frustrating thing is that the only information I seem to get is from your chat room so thanks guys you kept me sane and shame on WW, your lack of communication rivals any “computer says No” government departments I have delt with. 

1 minute ago, Mark H said:

I have a new 51ft yacht on board that I ordered over a year ago and sold my old one so no boat this summer break and back to work next week, total ball up! What I find the most frustrating thing is that the only information I seem to get is from your chat room so thanks guys you kept me sane and shame on WW, your lack of communication rivals any “computer says No” government departments I have delt with. 

Wow - that's an impressive piece of cargo!

1 hour ago, RRVelar said:

I spoke to a mate who works at VW today.  They also have cars on the Morning Composer and another ship (Thalatta) that has been denied approval to discharge in Fremantle - along with the Morning Lynn that has been denied completion of discharging operations in NZ due to quarantine issues.  The VW info today was that the docking time for the Morning Composer in Melbourne was 22/1, so a day later than originally proposed.

The salesman I have been dealing with at JLR says he has never seen anything like it.

I asked how protected the cars were during this transport phase and he told me they are basically in limp home mode - so can't get out of first gear, speed limited to 20km/h and only able to open the drivers door.  This gives me some comfort that at least they are being too damaged during the load/unload process!  He also sent me a photo of the way the cars arrive!

Transport packaging.jpg

And thanks for the info on how the cars are being treated, that certainly is a bit of comfort. With mine being an electric car sitting on a ship for 3 months I'm surprised there was enough juice for even limp mode!

14 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Wow - that's an impressive piece of cargo!

Yes thanks there’s two new Yachts I know of on board including mine. Went with WW because there were no transshipments! Got that one wrong. Hopefully we will see it soon or they can take it back to Europe and I will spend the summer there on it. 

I feel like the Ship i has turned off it’s Automatic Identifications System? Apparently it has departed Bintang. Anyone else believe this? 

Archived