Morning composer

JV911

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gojaria said:

That's great news. Thanks!

Looking at it via live satellite now, ship has turned starboard a little, doing 0.9 knotts. Vessel Finder still has it off Singapore coast. Looks like it is possibly heading towards us and yes, destination now changed to AU FRE. Definately on the move (now picking up speed) Thought it had to refuel? 

5 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Awesome news! Thanks for the updates guys, let's keep them coming.

Hey Aus, thought you would have been onto this first!! Your info has been so good. You're slipping! 

1 minute ago, Mr Unlucky said:

In Singapore the ships refuel at anchorage from a smaller ship.

They call it BUNKERING.

Thats why she was showing at anchor.

They don't actually pull up to the wharf for fuel.

Too many ships so they come to you. 

That's what we like, drive thru. Do they clean the windscreen too?

25 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Awesome news! Thanks for the updates guys, let's keep them coming.

Hey Aus, thought you would have been onto this first!! Your info has been so good. You're slipping! 

30 minutes ago, Cappa said:

Looking at it via live satellite now, ship has turned starboard a little, doing 0.9 knotts. 

AIS Status: Underway using Engine. 

Speed/Course: 6.7 knots / 92°

Full steam ahead!

2 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

image.png.65c1f7c12d63aee5e5305dd89de799f5.png

Speeding along now! My app still says 21st Jan 4:00am for estimated arrival.

Just don't stop off at the stink bug infested floating kebab shop on the way and we should be fine.

Yep; no kebabs. To think I paid heaps of $$ for two months of Vessel Finder with Sat coverage. Should have stuck with the other free one minus satellite and been content with a little delay. 

7 minutes ago, Cappa said:

To think I paid heaps of $$ for two months of Vessel Finder with Sat coverage. Should have stuck with the other free one minus satellite and been content with a little delay. 

It will disappear from the free AIS tracking once it leaves Indonesian waters so your investment will help us all in a day or two, so thanks for that!

12 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

I see it is tracking to go past Bali rather than the route it took getting to Indonesia which was very close to the volcano at Krakatau. That's another potential disaster we have averted.

You couldn't make it up

16 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

I am so impressed with all this info guys!!  Well done. Delivery day is getting closer, but I won’t jinx it. Let’s all post a photo of our new toys when we finally get them. Thanks for all the information!

You're welcome RRVelar. Joint effort in sharing what we know through tracking (and sometimes an educated guess) Fingers crossed for all of us.

Hi all, Just had to join this forum after searching the interweb for days looking for reliable updates on this damn boat! You guys are organised! Our Golf GTI is on this boat, due to arrive at Brisbane port, and this thread has been a lifesaver, taking out all the guesswork. Thanks to all those providing updates, I will keep a close watch on progress from here. Oh, and one day I hope to own a Porsche so that I can be a legitimate forum member, I just need to make my first Mil. 

8 minutes ago, Yass said:

Hi all, Just had to join this forum after searching the interweb for days looking for reliable updates on this damn boat! You guys are organised! Our Golf GTI is on this boat, due to arrive at Brisbane port, and this thread has been a lifesaver, taking out all the guesswork. Thanks to all those providing updates, I will keep a close watch on progress from here. Oh, and one day I hope to own a Porsche so that I can be a legitimate forum member, I just need to make my first Mil. 

Welcome aboard (so to speak)! Glad to share the info, all of the people of this forum have kept me sane over the last few weeks because my wife is sick of me talking about shipping schedules and fumigation methods so she won't listen anymore!

I did direct another VW owner to this forum from the Whirlpool forums as he was being misinformed by his dealer on his Tiguan which is on the Morning Composer, so the more the merrier. And yes, many of us dream of getting a Porsche to join the rest of the threads on this site.

Welcome Yass to the forum! 

Just spoke to a friend who works at Department of Agriculture in Canberra. He said that, when it is winter in Europe, many bugs will go to warehouses, containers to get shelter from cold. This is why there is ban in place at this time as this is winter in Europe. As these bugs could be in any container or car, it is impossible to isolate the problem container. New lesson, order new cars from Europe in their summer!

Archived