Morning composer

JV911

Fantastic Mark H,

I think that's my mast next to your bigger mast!

Ive been waiting 5 months for the replacement mast.

The first one arrived damaged last Sept with the yacht wrapped all in plastic like yours.

How did you get the photos?

Well done and thanks for the photos.

Nice to see how they arrive off the ship.

Whats the make of your yacht? Looks like a Beneteau!

All the best and happy sailing!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Indonesia 😁

1 hour ago, Mr Unlucky said:

Fantastic Mark H,

I think that's my mast next to your bigger mast!

Ive been waiting 5 months for the replacement mast.

The first one arrived damaged last Sept with the yacht wrapped all in plastic like yours.

How did you get the photos?

Well done and thanks for the photos.

Nice to see how they arrive off the ship.

Whats the make of your yacht? Looks like a Beneteau!

All the best and happy sailing!

Good new! That’s in Webb Dock this morning I had to let the inspector onboard, it’s a Beneteau 51.1 First line 

what’s your boat?

4 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Indonesia 😁

No that’s Webb Dock in Melbourne. 

1 minute ago, Mark H said:

Good new! That’s in Webb Dock this morning I had to let the inspector onboard, it’s a Beneteau 51.1 First line 

what’s your boat?

Did it look like they were busy processing cars? Doesn't look like it from the pictures.😒

No status update on the prixcar website for me as yet - still trying to understand if it is days or weeks before the car gets to the dealership.

3 hours ago, Mark H said:

Boat arrived surrounded by Porsche’s thought some of you may like a glimpse of your new cars? 

9D39C70B-72E8-4FDE-B801-72C63F2FC972.jpeg

E2A4A756-8D94-49AB-BDBA-23FC61BD0E3D.jpeg

Wow - was this Melbourne or Port Kembla??

1 minute ago, Orange said:

Wow - was this Melbourne or Port Kembla??

Doh! Just saw the rest of the posts! Sorry. 

On another tack (excuse the pun), but has anyone on this forum heard of quarantine issues with cars already off-loaded (from other ships before the Morning Composer). A friend of mine is one of a number of Porsche owners with cars that have been quarantined by DAWR since being off loaded from ship Tulane at Port Kembla. No-one seems to know why or for how long they will be kept. Trying to determine if this is localised to NSW, and whether it has affected other manufacturers... 

26 minutes ago, Orange said:

Yep I think so - look like they're both Weissach from the roof. 

Wow, so a cool $800,000 each (at least) for those then, nice!

So these must be the "priority 1" items that have been moved directly to Webb Dock. Mine is still sitting out in the "dummy dock" in the exposed sun with the other cheapo cars.

My understanding is that they are prioritizing new cars that have been sold, then new cars destined as dealer stock, then personal vehicles that people are transporting themselves. Within each of these categories there are likely to be sub-priorities such as $800,000 cars and items that don't need compliance work done (such as boats I presume?).

9 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Wow, so a cool $800,000 each (at least) for those then, nice!

So these must be the "priority 1" items that have been moved directly to Webb Dock. Mine is still sitting out in the "dummy dock" in the exposed sun with the other cheapo cars.

My understanding is that they are prioritizing new cars that have been sold, then new cars destined as dealer stock, then personal vehicles that people are transporting themselves. Within each of these categories there are likely to be sub-priorities such as $800,000 cars and items that don't need compliance work done (such as boats I presume?).

Ok that’s very informative. On that basis, I am guessing a pickup for me on Saturday 9th Feb!!  See you in Berwick, Aus-Ipace 😬

3 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Ok that’s very informative. On that basis, I am guessing a pickup for me on Saturday 9th Feb!!  See you in Berwick, Aus-Ipace 😬

Yeah, I had penciled in that date as the likely delivery time-frame too with a feint hope that it might be sooner, but now I am thinking that the backlog this has presented to Prixcar might actually push this out further! I know I am coming across as desperate, and this is all 1st world problems but come on! <spits dummy again> 

18 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Ok that’s very informative

That's based on what JLR told me, of course they may be just saying that to keep me happy - they tell me their cars are at the highest priority...

15 hours ago, RRVelar said:

On that basis, I am guessing a pickup for me on Saturday 9th Feb!!  See you in Berwick, Aus-Ipace 😬

That's what I assumed too, based on previous arrival and delivery dates, plus a bit extra. However, still no delivery date available.

15 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

but now I am thinking that the backlog this has presented to Prixcar might actually push this out further

I would have thought the guys at Prixcar would have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs with the number of ships that have been turned away recently.

39 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Apparently some of the cars (and other things?) in Webb Dock have cleared the Customs Bond process and Prixcar now have access to them.

Good news! I'm sure they will expedite environmentally friendly vehicles too.... 😁

8 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

ETA into Brisbane moved to 2am tomorrow local time. Backlog in the port?

i just want this ship to do the final drop off and clear off out of Australian waters so we can all cleanse it from our minds. 

Yes ships often go up off the Maroochydore coast then head back in to Fisherman Island via a clear, deep channel 

11 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

ETA into Brisbane moved to 2am tomorrow local time. Backlog in the port?

i just want this ship to do the final drop off and clear off out of Australian waters so we can all cleanse it from our minds. 

Imagine if you are working on it!!

2 minutes ago, Cappa said:

Yes ships often go up off the Maroochydore coast then head back in to Fisherman Island via a clear, deep channel 

Says it is at anchor on my app, so I assume it is now waiting for that 2am slot.

Either that or the crew are enjoying the Sunshine Coast and going for a swim.

Archived