Morning composer

JV911

2 hours ago, Airhead said:

When I first saw this topic heading I thought someone was writing a song. In the morning.

But no.

I've finished War and Peace this week so I'll come back to this and catch up.

Anyone got a car yet? 😀

Well, there is that.... 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Airhead said:

When I first saw this topic heading I thought someone was writing a song. In the morning.

But no.

I've finished War and Peace this week so I'll come back to this and catch up.

Anyone got a car yet? 😀

😂😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Orange said:

Anyone heard anything more re their cars. Some must be getting close.

Yes!  Got a call from the dealer on Saturday. The car should be arriving to them late this week, so may be ready for pickup on Saturday- but I doubt it. He said there is a massive backlog and even getting a place on the truck transporting the vehicles to dealers is a problem. 

In other news, by neighbour had his new Cayenne on the MC. Got a call from the dealer to say the ship arrived (as we know) but his car is subject to a recall, so they can’t deliver it to him. Have to wait for parts, which they estimate being another two months!!  They have given him a Macan in the meantime.....

1 minute ago, RRVelar said:

Yes!  Got a call from the dealer on Saturday. The car should be arriving to them late this week, so may be ready for pickup on Saturday- but I doubt it. He said there is a massive backlog and even getting a place on the truck transporting the vehicles to dealers is a problem. 

In other news, by neighbour had his new Cayenne on the MC. Got a call from the dealer to say the ship arrived (as we know) but his car is subject to a recall, so they can’t deliver it to him. Have to wait for parts, which they estimate being another two months!!  They have given him a Macan in the meantime.....

Wow, that's painful after waiting so long already!

I'm waiting for confirmation today but mine is expected at the dealership early this week so hopefully Thursday for pick up.

5 minutes ago, Cappa said:

This week I believe for me. 

4 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Great news Cappa - send pics! @RRVelar - similar to what I've been told - big backlog and likely won't see my car for another couple of weeks. The Cayenne situation sounds awful - did they expand on the recall? 

6 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Wow, that's painful after waiting so long already!

I'm waiting for confirmation today but mine is expected at the dealership early this week so hopefully Thursday for pick up.

That’s great news for you Aus. George wasn’t so optimistic with mine - you must have priority 🙂

4 minutes ago, Orange said:

Great news Cappa - send pics! @RRVelar - similar to what I've been told - big backlog and likely won't see my car for another couple of weeks. The Cayenne situation sounds awful - did they expand on the recall? 

Not sure why, given the recall was announced about a month ago why they couldn’t get the parts in by air (depending what they are). But I’ve been told the ships are all out of sync, so the flow on effects are going to be considerable. 

1 minute ago, Cappa said:

I'd expect we'll all be posting pics before too long and then we're done! As the MC steams toward Korea, I wonder what roll-on effects will be felt, ie: the neighbour with the Cayenne, euro port backlogs, more ships with Stink Bug etc. 

It’s a horror story - but first world problems, of course. 

23 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

That’s great news for you Aus. George wasn’t so optimistic with mine - you must have priority 🙂

It might be that with less moving parts the electric vehicles take less time to process? Let's see when they confirm the date hopefully later today.

2 hours ago, Cappa said:

Hey that's great news Carlene. Guess it was quicker to drop at Freo and rail to SA than go to Melb and rail back. Good one!

Absolutely! It was processed quicker than I thought actually 👌🏻 it only sat for a day or 2 then it was moved ready to be on its way, it’s so close now, hope all is going well your end 

On 01/02/2019 at 11:17, Gojaria said:

That's great news. I believe they are gathering all Prixcar and other mass delivery companies cars at individual locations within Port Kembla facilities. After that they will be disbursed to Minto and from Minto to dealerships. Mine still says Unbooked though 😏

Prixcar site has updated and indicates the Jag is going straight from Kembla to the dealership...today!

Pickup Date 5/02/2019
Pickup From PRIXCAR KEMBLA
Deliver To PURNELL MOTORS

31 minutes ago, JV911 said:

Prixcar site has updated and indicates the Jag is going straight from Kembla to the dealership...today!

Pickup Date 5/02/2019

That's awesome news, congrats! Has the dealership given an indication of how long they need to prepare the car for handover?

Still waiting for confirmation for delivery of my Jag, has gone a bit quiet....

6 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Has the dealership given an indication of how long they need to prepare the car for handover?

No, not exactly. They said ~8 days previously, but I think that included processing at Prixcar.

4 hours ago, JV911 said:

Pickup Date 5/02/2019

Fantastic news! I now have a suspicion that Porsches are being targeted by DAWR. But then I am a little paranoid.... 

47 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Mine has changed to ready to dispatch and has an ETA to the dealer of today! Looks like Thursday or Friday for handover at this stage.

Wow that’s great!  I have my VIN now and put it in, but said location was unknown. Not sure why there is such a variance given both our cars are going to the same dealer!!

12 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Wow that’s great!  I have my VIN now and put it in, but said location was unknown. Not sure why there is such a variance given both our cars are going to the same dealer!!

Mine was still listed as unknown at 1pm today so it can change pretty quickly. But you are right, they should have been able to coordinate to get cars going to the same dealer. I assume the "processing" work on your car hasn't been completed?

I'm still amazed that many manufacturers have outsourced a lot of the work that dealers would have previously done. Prixcar must have a massive operation to perform compliance, software /firmware updates, install accessories, repair transit damage etc for so many brands.  

19 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Mine was still listed as unknown at 1pm today so it can change pretty quickly. But you are right, they should have been able to coordinate to get cars going to the same dealer. I assume the "processing" work on your car hasn't been completed?

I'm still amazed that many manufacturers have outsourced a lot of the work that dealers would have previously done. Prixcar must have a massive operation to perform compliance, software /firmware updates, install accessories, repair transit damage etc for so many brands.  

Yes - processing can include software upgrades. I am making sure the car has the latest software update as apple car play became available with the latest update so want to get that in too. 

8 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

@Gojaria Has your Prixcar status changed from "unbooked" yet? Have you had any more info about your delivery?

Sorry for missing all the actions! Yes, mine is Available and dispatch ETA is 6 Feb. My dealer told me that it is meant to arrive on the 8 Feb. We discussed a handover date of 23rd. Getting close!

Archived