Morning composer

JV911

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gojaria said:

Any more update 

Last Satellite update 0407 AEDT. Slow updates. Prob due to few if any AIS transmit stations. Apparently still need AIS stations to relay, even though ships 'ping' every few minutes, so not really true up to date satellite positioning is it! Go figure.

7 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Good article thanks Aus. Amazing that just a little Googling and YouTubing shows the damage, particularly in the USA that these bugs cause. Houses, pantries, crops and even a toothbrush covered in them. We just don't want the on Oz for sure. 

1232 AEDT update, cleared Indonesia waters heading for Oz

47 minutes ago, Cappa said:

1232 AEDT update, cleared Indonesia waters heading for Oz

Seems to be making decent time then, must be averaging a fair few knots. Must still be on track for arrival on the 21/1 around 3am local time (20/1 20:00 UTC)?

Latest...

AIS Type Cargo ship
Flag Panama
Destination AU FRE !NG
ETA Jan 20, 20:00
IMO / MMSI 9336074 / 371659000
Callsign 3FAT4
Length / Beam 200 x 32 m
Current Draught 9.6 m
Course / Speed 159.4° / 14.6 kn
Coordinates 7.79504 S / 105.14955 E
Last Report Jan 16, 2019 12:53

One of the positives about this whole experience - at least for me - is that I will now have a 2019 complied (and therefore registered) car. So therefore when I go to sell I can call it 2019. Also, hoping I will get a number plate starting with ‘B’ here in Victoria, as the A series is about to finish. 

4 minutes ago, RRVelar said:

Also, hoping I will get a number plate starting with ‘B’ here in Victoria, as the A series is about to finish. 

Might be just out of luck on this, my mate who registered late Dec got an "AYx xxx" slimline plate in VIC so unless there is a massive rush of registrations of the black and white plates in Jan, I think we will likely get ones in the AZx xxx range. But yes 2019 MY19 will count for a bit when selling in the future.

14 minutes ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Might be just out of luck on this, my mate who registered late Dec got an "AYx xxx" slimline plate in VIC so unless there is a massive rush of registrations of the black and white plates in Jan, I think we will likely get ones in the AZx xxx range. But yes 2019 MY19 will count for a bit when selling in the future.

Yes I guess so. But you are assuming the boat docks and the cars are unloaded per the current schedule!!

Approx 2,800kms to go at 14.6kn (27km/h) suggests arriving at 20/1 ~11pm Perth time. 

I wonder how the assessment will take place? Will a team of forensic bug hunters rappel down from Chinook helicopters owned by the relevant government department and sweep the ship?

1 hour ago, P-Kay said:

Do we truly need a blow by blow account of where this ship is on a Porsche forum?🤨

Maybe I should make an entry in Vent!!!

Hey P-Kay, yeah blow by blow can be tedious. That's why we have our own thread and a number of us are using this thread to share info. Not being provided by our dealerships. Believe me we all just want our cars, some Porsche, and other makes as well. Many of which were ordered mid 2018. Once delivery takes place were all done. Incredibly frustrating for us too.

10 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Stunning car! I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

So do we have any lucky owners in WA that will be the first to receive their Mortein-smelling vehicles?

Welcome to the stink bug club! So will your car get delivered to Melbourne port and then stuck on a transporter to Adelaide?

Absolutely! And I am pushing Berwick JLR to accelerate the delivery time from the port to the dealership. This is performed by a company called Prixcar so our cars need to be priority number 1 for them when they arrive 🤞

Yeah I’m not sure where it’s ending up lol my dealer said it was docking in Adelaide but everyone on here says it’s going  from FRE - MELB I was meant to have this in October so it better be on a truck from either port quick smart lol 

3 hours ago, Aus-Ipace said:

Approx 2,800kms to go at 14.6kn (27km/h) suggests arriving at 20/1 ~11pm Perth time. 

I wonder how the assessment will take place? Will a team of forensic bug hunters rappel down from Chinook helicopters owned by the relevant government department and sweep the ship?

I hope that this vessel would have some sort of fumigation certificate after spending so long in Bintan! If that is the case, it would be quicker to get clearance from DAWR officers.

12 hours ago, Carlene said:

Yeah I’m not sure where it’s ending up lol my dealer said it was docking in Adelaide but everyone on here says it’s going  from FRE - MELB I was meant to have this in October so it better be on a truck from either port quick smart lol 

That might be true - the ship of a friend of mine not affected by the dreaded stink bug went direct from Free to Melbourne. 

9 minutes ago, Orange said:

chugging inexorably towards our collective fate.... 

Courtesy Vessel Finder Sat AIS one hour ago. Well south of Christmas Island now.

AIS DATA

AIS Type Cargo ship
Flag Panama
Destination AU FRE
ETA Jan 20, 20:00
IMO / MMSI 9336074 / 371659000
Callsign 3FAT4
Length / Beam 200 x 32 m
Current Draught 9.6 m
Course / Speed 161.1° / 15.2 kn
Coordinates 13.88717 S / 107.35264 E
Last Report Jan 17, 2019 15:14