Chasing 16" tyres

modoz

@Dalai  The Nangkang AR1 range are great value for money and offer great grip for spirited driving in the hills in my opinion, though I haven't used any other R spec tyre. I was apprehensive about driving in the wet when I had mine on my 15's, but they were fine. $720/set fitted. Pretty sure 245's are available in 16 inch

Theres another Nangkang which is aimed at having a good balance between grip and mileage, the NS2R for a little less money. Not exactly sure of sizes. I currently have Hankook evo12's on my 16's which have lasted me 2 years worth of regular hills driving rain of shine, yet they don't offer R spec grip (ofcourse), though after driving on R spec tyres, I hope to have another set of AR1's fitted in the near future

I swear I checked Yokohama in those sizes and they had nothing! Are they a new release? Great news that there’s another option in that size. I imagine they’ll be like other r spec tyres in that you can drive them in the wet no worries but standing water will be stressful.

@LeeM not seeing the necessary sizes in either Nankang tyre model unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion.

@Simonk the A052 is the replacement for the A048 and web pages discussing the tyre date back a far as 2017. It's not listed on the AU Yokohama site at all and only found a size list including both sizes needed only on the Yokohama EU site! They are available through the same place you bought your latest tyres...

• 1 month later...

Big shout out to Ray at Motorsport Wheel's and Tyres in Dandenong South for sourcing Pirelli PZero Rosso's in 205/55/16 and 245/45/16.

Hard to come by so ended getting the rears a couple of months ago as those were in stock and was checking back till I saw the only 2 fronts that became available last week fitted Friday. Pirelli aren't bringing in large quantities, but they are being brought into the country. Ended up being just under $1,400 for the four fitted.

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Ouch!

Quoted by another supplier Michelin classics fitted at just over $1,900 and the Pirelli classics which were out of stock $2,300 fitted. So feeling I got a good price considering. 

Was told the 245/45/16 is only used on 9" 911 turbo Fuchs and was used by Ferrari for 2 years; so not common!

2 hours ago, Dalai said:

Quoted by another supplier Michelin classics fitted at just over $1,900 and the Pirelli classics which were out of stock $2,300 fitted. So feeling I got a good price considering. 

That's nuts for tyres 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum. Also looking for best pricing on the Pirelli Tyres noted above in the same sizes as sourced by Dalai. Pricing from Motorsport Wheels and Tyres seems way under what others have quoted. When questioned if they are parallel imports I'm assured they are not.

Can't explain the huge price difference and it has me worried. eg Over 30% !

I'm based in Sydney, and need to try and source these Pirelli Tyres asap.

11 minutes ago, Nikos said:

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum. Also looking for best pricing on the Pirelli Tyres noted above in the same sizes as sourced by Dalai. Pricing from Motorsport Wheels and Tyres seems way under what others have quoted. When questioned if they are parallel imports I'm assured they are not.

Can't explain the huge price difference and it has me worried. eg Over 30% !

I'm based in Sydney, and need to try and source these Pirelli Tyres asap.

Which Pirelli were you quoted?  There are two versions of the P7.

Didn't know there were two versions. My enquiry was for the following...

Pirelli PZero Rosso's in 205/55/16 and 245/45/16

Have since spoken with a mate who is in the industry and he mentioned even if a Parallel Import, Tyres are still genuine Pirelli, and there is no difference in quality. Only difference being they have managed to source direct from Pirelli overseas rather than Pirelli Australia.

Are you suggesting there may be two versions of the above tyre?

23 minutes ago, Nikos said:

Pirelli PZero Rosso's have now been sourced and ordered, from two different suppliers. Can confirm these are a Biatch to track down in the sizes nominated above.

Fingers crossed there aren't any hiccups.

Having recently fanged a 993 with these tyres, I can confirm you won't be disappointed. Shed loads of grip!!! 

2 hours ago, Nikos said:

Pirelli PZero Rosso's have now been sourced and ordered, from two different suppliers. Can confirm these are a Biatch to track down in the sizes nominated above.

I bought both the fronts and rears from MSWT splitting the order over a couple of months. I sourced the rears first and then the fronts when the only 2 tyres in that size became available!

I was also told they were through Pirelli Australia and Ray at MSWT confirmed the manufacture dates prior to purchasing.

• 2 weeks later...