Battery Help

Doish13

Hi all sorry for what what battery question.

Looking to take the car out tomorrow and checked the car today to find out battery is dead as a door nail and will need replacemet.

lots on line with battery choices etc mainly from abroad so looking for a hand on suggested local battery choices. Also what should I look out for in CCA etc. just not familiar with cars more with bikes.

looking to score a deal at the last day of the SuperCheap / Repco sales tomorrow.

any help on what to buy will be appreciated.

fYi car is used seldom and maintained on trickle charger. 

If you don't have one already, get a new multi-stage charger (SCA ones are fine) and you might be surprised at what can be resurrected.  Of course it could have a shorted cell in which case you're hosed.

VARTA are pretty good  for about $300 and will last a very long time.  I recently resurrected mine from dead flat.  Doubt you'd get one from SCA though.

My experience with local batteries has not been good.  YMMV...

I bought a Bosch battery last year. Cost me less than $150.  Don't get the cheap auto parts shop brand. Go for a quality one. We buy hundreds of Century Yuasa and Exide batteries at work each year, and I can't remember an occasion where we had a customer with a battery warranty issue.

• 3 months later...

I hope noone minds me resurrecting this thread, rather than starting a new one, but does anyone have the full spec of the factory battery? 

As in Ah, CA and CCA?

My engine will seldomly be run and looking at getting a good battery for stock 1981 SC 3.0L

@Doish13, do you mind sharing the spec of battery you purchased - presuming it was for you 911SC?