996 Overhead Console unit with Sunroof Option

TwoHeadsTas

Looking for Overhead Console unit for 996 Carrera Coupe, with Sunroof switch option.  Car is 2002 (3.6L), not sure if 1st gen  (3.4L) is the same.  Black preferred, but I can repaint another colour.  Locating tabs on my sunroof switch have broken, so need to replace unit so switch doesn't keep on disappearing into the console.

Thanks guys

I've found hot glue is a bit weak for some plastic - plastic applications compared with a decent cyanoacrylate superglue (Loctite makes the best in my experience - from Bunnings).  My first attempts at repairing the tabs with the superglue were also unsuccessful until I lost patience, cracked it and used half a 5g tube just fusing the switch housing to the console and 3 years later it hasn't moved a millimetre.  It means the sunroof switch is now permanently part of the console but I never use the sunroof anyway so its unlikely the switch will ever wear out.   If it was a 993 Turbo or similar then the above might be a bit reckless!

Will see what crops up 2nd hand - there's one in US on Ebay, and I'm conversion with a guy on the 996 FB group from the UK.

Otherwise Cyano will be a good option, particularly if I use one of the filler powders with it to provide a bit more reinforcement

thanks  Peter

Must admit I haven't costed one up yet, as I imagine it would be prohibitive, but I was planning on checking before I pulled the trigger on a second hand one.

I think Autohaus re-opens soon (if not already) so I will check with James about a new one.

Archived