914/6 in Oz

LeeM

Hi Lee,

Factory 914/6s?

If factory versions, there is Barry's which was converted by Porsche cars Australia under Hamilton's (and a second one of these somewhere), the orange one that was raced and rallied as mentioned above by OBRUT, a RHD UK Canford conversion that I heard of recently on our shores and another 2 LHDs that I know of in NSW.

Barry will probably know of more though :)

If converted 6s, there are a number of them which are steadily increasing :):)

Cheers

Craig

Cheers lads.

Matey is just fishing at the moment, and has asked if I can see what's potentially available for sale. It would have to be RHD and able to be registered. Converted to a 6 are preferable, as a real one would probably be in the realms of 'stratospheric' value/price which defeats the purpose for him. The one that was here for sale was a decent car, though price wise I thought it was up there in very nice converted 911 territory, yet there wasn't/isn't many available

Why RHD? Not worth converting these days.

There was a project advertised recently on gummy tree I think and it was rough and big $$ for what it was. I think someone posted comments on it here.

Current values for excellent condition genuine 914/6 in USD is 125K. They only built 3300 or so.

An old racer being resurrected in Melb at the moment. Should be good when its done.

Craig's car will lift the bar on GT clones when finished I think.

Apart from just not wanting a LHD, he doesn't want the potential/probable headaches with converting a car, not to mention the cost of having it done. That black one for sale is a pig for $21k, and you'd have to put another $30k and more into it to get it half respectable even as a lefty

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

Apart from just not wanting a LHD, he doesn't want the potential/probable headaches with converting a car, not to mention the cost of having it done. That black one for sale is a pig for $21k, and you'd have to put another $30k and more into it to get it half respectable even as a lefty

What state does he reside in? Should be able to register a LHD from the 914 production years in most states (except maybe SA?)?

Thse LHD 4 cyl vehicles currently available are pricey too, noting as we all know that they are only worth what someone will pay and both are still available-

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/caringbah/cars-vans-utes/porsche-914-4-1972/1204315983?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=LF4-cars&utm_content=163436_9299

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-914-1975/OAG-AD-16628010/?_ga=2.103907908.516351776.1546739715-1737130448.1499228881

@crsedge Yeah thats mental prices. And yes, he's here in SA. You can register a lefty no worries here (been there, done that) yet 40-50 grand defeats the purpose of what he wants, which is a fun car he can thrash in the hills without having to worry about values etc 

41 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@crsedge Yeah thats mental prices. And yes, he's here in SA. You can register a lefty no worries here (been there, done that) yet 40-50 grand defeats the purpose of what he wants, which is a fun car he can thrash in the hills without having to worry about values etc 

The winning formula - You know he needs this Lee, you do tooB)

NMYWwGm.jpg

20 hours ago, Airhead said:

An old racer being resurrected in Melb at the moment. Should be good when its done.

Which one?

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Two words - slant. nose. 

3 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Which one?

Two words - slant. nose. 

Two more. No. Chance 😁

Would consider a cheap converted SC or similar to get the backdate treatment though. Emphasis on cheap...and running...No running gear issues...etc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lee

if your buddie wants a RHD 914/6 for $20K then he is about 20 years too late

in the US 914-6 sales have rocketed in the last 5 or so years

the high point is the recent sale of Brutus,the Corrine Piech owned 914-6 based 916 proto,for US $1.1 M

I have little trouble with LHD and I still drive on the same side of the road ! 😀

Merv,would your friend Brad have any data on NSW 914-4 / 914-6 owners - PM sent

cheers

Dennis 😀

On 01/03/2019 at 08:04, Merv said:

Dennis nice one on Facebook this morning in VIC . $15K.  Buy and do the conversion if you really need to.  Makes sense.

That one came up a while (some months) back but he didn't answer any queries - from anyone.

Now he says he had to find the import papers.

I'd like to see a photo of it with today's Age on the bonnet to prove it's real.