Front Engine' Porsche's at Le Mans ( 1981 )

When I get to work in the next few days , I will put the photos up of the GTS on how I last saw her , on one of them it even shows the old ( original ) Vic rego ( licence ) plates 

Gee the poor thing , one of one , then scrambled , meaning changed to a non genuine GTR and then ( probably ) buried , I can only hope one day they are found and maybe restored , just a hope 

i did the 911engine/944 intro course in 82  and the gearbox course in 85 at pca

the factory course in germany in 89 with ralph,carlos, ted,(from t&d) & len

some later courses with the above and clive from act

worked with peter holland , warwick mckenzie & gordon heane (who's still there)

10 hours ago, 9fan said:

Love the history, tech info and now photos you both provide - Priceless !

The old hill climb track at Morewell VIC - myself / Alan Hamilton

carmwl1.jpg.fd17e362c38f513d94404a7fcefa5274.jpgAlanHamiltonMorwell944.jpg.c3b1ba1116a98bf73edbd2b367cd24cb.jpg

One of you is doing it right by the looks 😁

i remember being in the back of a pantec at winton trying to fit an enormous waste gate spring to that..spencer harrison was standing on top of the waste gate bobbling all over the joint while i did up the nuts..hilarious..eddie hackels nephew and i drove the car up to that meet and witnessed one of the most astonishing drives i've ever seen from the back of the grid(by alan hamilton,he was only there for a bit of fun)on slick tyres in the wet to 3rd place,if i remember correctly

On 06/01/2019 at 20:04, jnr356 said:

1987..i was in race dept late 86-early 88

it wasn't alans and pretty sure it was an 82 model

that premises was pca ,and was also the bond store so every car went through there

alan always had cream 928's(yearly ),the red 944 cup car in 88.white 911cs in 88,purple 964 cup car 90

we also built the 911 spyder in 87 and the 911(959 4wd) factory protoype(lindsay foxes now)

only a handful of people had access to some of his cars and "goodies",i like to think i was one of them

i wouldn't trust that article too much...polished titanium??..i know he did have a short wheel based 911 with turbo running gear

i don't know if you recall,but before the gtr engine went in ,it was on pallet racking(as you walked in from service dept to race dept) with a spare 908 engine above it

This is probably showing the engine you installed, next to the twin cam LeMans engine

Pretty cool to know what happened to the car. So just to clarify did this car become the 924 GTR spirit of Australia

Regards

Sean

Archived