Porsche 991.2 911 carerra boost pressure

porsche718

Hello

I have a 2018 991.2 911 standard carerra. I've just finished running it in past the 3000km mark as recommended by the manual. I took it out today and decided to open it up for the first time. I looked at the boost gauge and it did not reach over 2 or 3 psi no matter what I did? I tried WOT until it relined upto about 120km/h in normal, sports and sports plus modes. 

Is this the normal level of boost pressure you'd expect to see? Or is there something wrong with the car?

I’ve driven my 991.2 S way over 200km/h (track) & the boost never gets anywhere near the limit, what’s the problem? Not going fast enough? I have no idea where the limit of these new turbos is, I drove a 991.2 turbo (500hp +) on track but I don’t remember having time to look at the boost gauge. From my experience the car won’t run in until about 5-6000klmns, then look out.

By the way 120km/h is only 2nd gear, 3rd will go to about 180km/h, then there’s 4th & 5th & 6th, never been to the limit in 5th & 6th.

I have read on Rennlist that the boost gauge is some how connected to some kind of vacuum line and that there have been cases of this line leaking at the turbo end and giving low readings or no reading to the instrument gauge on the dash ...

If the car is driving correctly and you are getting Maximum RPM in gears  you should be getting readings as high as 15psi for the S model and 13psi for standard Carrera ...Sports plus gives additional 2psi if you have it on ..

If you are only getting 2 or 3 psi  contact your dealer and have it looked at ,,car is still under warranty ...

More than likely this issue ,,,known problem in U.S and a simple dealer fix .

12 hours ago, Redracn said:

Could be a units issue. 14.5 psi is 1 bar so a reading of 2.0 would be 29psi which is a lot of boost. 

Isn't 2 bar some very very  very  serious boost for any  stock factory tuned car with turbos .  Eg for a standard Carrera can you get a boost spike anywhere near 1.5 bar given a stock 991 gt2  rs  I thought only has a  max boost of circa 1.55 bar. 

Archived