Cayman in Hobart

Techno

After a lifetime of owing functional but rather sedate cars, I am now considering acquiring a 987 Cayman. My issue is that I have never sat in one, let alone driven one. I would like some more experience before parting with a purchase price.

There are currently no Caymans for sale in Tasmania. I am prepared to travel to get the right vehicle but don't want that to be my first experience. It will be my daily driver and I want to make sure we will get along before I confirm the Cayman is for me and start serious shopping.

I hope that a member here in the Hobart area may be able to help me out by taking me for a short drive or at least let me sit in it to see if I physically fit. (BTW I am average height and build so no specific issues there).

I know it's an unusual request but it's an unusual situation. Any help would be appreciated.

Not an unusual request at all and quite a sensible one!! I don't know of any personally but do know some members of the Porsche Club have some, I suggest you contact the Porsche Club of Tasmania and see what they can do.

North or South of Tas?

• 2 weeks later...

3 NW members with Caymans, I'm sure we can arrange something with at least one of them.  PM me as I have to discuss a couple of things with one of the owners in next couple of days, so can raise this with him if you'd like

Archived