WA based 987 on Carsales

Hi all,

Anyone on the forums familiar with this Boxster over in Perth?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-Boxster-987-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-5818374

Even better if you’re the seller - please get in touch - Carsales messaging is rubbish. 😉.

Seems almost too good to be true re price vs  work done - appreciate any thoughts, advice etc particularly around issues with higher k vehicles. 

Wanting to get into a clean manual 987 for daily driver, can’t quite justify the current asking $$ for Caymans though... 

Cheers

Simon

25 minutes ago, Flipper said:

Disregard - gone!  

Still keen on any thoughts re higher ks  though...

Cheers

Doesn't come up as sold ... looks to me like it's still available.

130k's doesn't seem high k's to me ...

still up for sale for me too..... does sound too good to be true.

Definitely worth a phone call at least.

Think any potential problem has been fixed on it by his report

Air oil  separator, is about the only other thing that...... might....go in the future but that is just a might....(and no big deal) 

Yeah the seller just hadn’t updated his listing unfortunately... 

1 hour ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Nice Boxster S badge...  

if this car is as good as the history suggests, then yes, I reckon that's a bargain. I am FAR from an expert, but I thought these motors needed the case split to change the IMS bearing? 

And yes believe on the 987.1 that is the case although apparently significantly reduced occurrences  (at least as far as I can tell reading about IMS on this forum) so maybe not worth worrying about too much.   There is a gent from Tassie selling his 987 (grey with terra-cotta interior) who discusses - can’t recall his name and on mobile so would loose this post to look.

and yeah, agree on the s badge! With the exhaust I thought the seller had actually mis-listed (and it was a true unicorn)

Oh and thanks all

And also think of it this way... if you get it for the sale price and then something goes wrong. You spend a few thou to fix it, you're still in front. The guy could be legit and just keen to sell and not be adding silly  p-car inflated prices like many others do.... as has been said, worth checking, calling, go see it. If you're nervous, get a PPI but that takes time. Someone will just go buy it at that price. 

18 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Not an S not a bargain price... buy @Twoheads Boxster S, better value, better car, not much more $$

I could never figure why anyone would put an S badge as in this case, or a Chevy badge on a bombadoor, or a turbo badge on an XR6 when they aint.    defies imagination...visons of grandeur perhaps?   

Why T F wood ja?

Sorry bit of topic there.....

23 minutes ago, Niko said:

I could never figure why anyone would put an S badge as in this case, or a Chevy badge on a bombadoor, or a turbo badge on an XR6 when they aint.    defies imagination...visons of grandeur perhaps?   

Why T F wood ja?

Or a VW beetle with a 356 replica kit   - it would’ve been on my immediate to do list.... 

19 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

buy @Twoheads Boxster S, better value, better car, not much more $$

I agree, that is a great looking example and its well priced... you could have a hell of a pick up holiday on the island too! I'd of bought it if I was after a 987 in manual. 

1 hour ago, Niko said:

Why T F wood ja?

I'm with ya there brother! Although I'm partial to an impact bumper with front and rear turbo spoilers (just don't put that turbo badge on the back lid)

On 09/01/2019 at 18:59, Troubleshooter said:

Not an S not a bargain price... buy @Twoheads Boxster S, better value, better car, not much more $$

Please do 🙂   Will be a bit hard to contact me over next couple of days - on the Ghan to Darwin!!  

Happy to discuss after that...

Hi all, I’m quite new here and the buyer of above WA based 987, funny to stumble on this thread, had a ppi done and it came back with a solid pass, especially happy ims/rms/clutch just done less than 2000kms ago. I’m in far NQ so it’s currently on route, just arrived in Melbourne according to Prix cars, due 31/1 up my way.  Yes the “S” badge is questionable and will be removed. Paintwork and interior all look is great nick according to the countless photos I was sent, as well ones from inspection. As they say always buy the seller not the item, he seemed a nice guy from our back and forths over a couple of weeks, also owns a bmw and a Ferrari so I think it’s fair to say he’s a bit of an enthusiast (the inspector when taking photos managed to catch a glimpse of the other garaged vechicles!). 

thanks all, yep very keen to have it in my garage, had a 986 12 months or so ago, moved it on and missed the car so decided to up it a little and get a 987, was considering a 911, which in the next 24 months I will grab, probably a 997, the 996/986 interior is a little to dated, or a 981, that's for my 50th in December 2020, so this will keep me happy to then!

Archived