Battery charger

Eddy

Wow that is impressive! What brand of battery and car is it? Just goes to show that keeping the trickle charger on will save the battery. 

I think it is the frequent deep cycling that kills them, running them too flat then trying to charge them again. 

I wonder if the newer AGM batteries will fair better with just a once a week or once a month top up?

4 minutes ago, donR said:

Wow that is impressive! What brand of battery and car is it? Just goes to show that keeping the trickle charger on will save the battery. 

I think it is the frequent deep cycling that kills them, running them too flat then trying to charge them again. 

I wonder if the newer AGM batteries will fair better with just a once a week or once a month top up?

I had an optima deep cycle blue top that lasted 7 years, then it sat for two years and went dead, I followed the Optima recommended revival procedure, revived it and sold it! I fully disclosed its history obviously.

My next battery will be an Optima red top - already have the adaptor for the 996 from Yellow Dog motorsports in the US. 

34 minutes ago, donR said:

Varta in a V8 Chrysler 300, without the trickle charger it goes fl;at after about 3 weeks