Welcome aboard, Neilb, but you don't get away with it that  easy.... 

We need to know what sort of porker your building, and let us in on the build...

Photos would be great too...

thanks for the replies guy's. i'm building a 356 coupe. nothing special, i don't have the original engine or gearbox or any of it's trim or interior for that matter. it was very rough but cheap, which is what i wanted to hear! obviously cheap means rusty but i have done a spot of welding.

i will post some newer pics in the near future but for now please enjoy the progress so far. from when it arrived...

http://forum.porsche356registry.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35582&sid=29bb50553a8a99ab49bce7be0c8859c2

and then from here...https://www.abcgt.com/new-forum/forum/main-forum/356-restoration-projects/827-62-bt6

I’m a sheetie by trade but would never attempt too big a resto with out the right tools and space. I’m looking at the initial thread pictures thinking this is the bravest soul I’ve seen in a while, then I read you are a panel beater, big sigh of relief. Love those coupes so good luck and keep us posted.

Well that's it. You have just proved that your balls are bigger than everyone else's😀

Even if I had skills like yours I wouldn't have gone any further than a glance at the wreck.

Well done and thank f@#k there are people like you who are willing to do whatever it takes to get these old girls back on the road.

err wow, thanks for the kind words guy's. i am just a hammer swinger but willing to do what i have to, to make the dream of finally owning a 356 coupe a reality. just as a side note does anyone recommend an air cooled engine builder around melbourne? i have a type 4 for this porker

'Just a hammer swinger' Yeah right...that's like saying Picasso was 'just a painter'! 😁

Not sure how busy he is, but you could contact forum member @jnr356 to see what he can do for you or steer you in the right direction. He might be a mate of mine, but if you want an engine builder who is highly respected among the VW and Porsche community for doing things right, and has the runs on the board with experience and knowledge, I would recommend you at least have a chat

Archived