Sign in to follow this  
vinnytang

Valuing my LHD Middy

Hey all,

The missus is putting pressure on me to sell some of my toys and I’m tossing up if I should move my 911 or something else. 

It’s a matching numbers 1977 911S imported from Japan a while back, healthy motor and soon-to-be refreshed gearbox. Around 150k mileage with limited documentation but I’d say it’s true considering the condition. Driver quality repaint in original Grand Prix White with gorgeous original lobster interior. It’s a cracker of a car if I’m being honest.

My question is what would something like this be worth in today’s market? It’s a combination of the much-maligned 2.7 and a left-hooker, but it’s also a great example of one. There hasn’t been enough similar cars on CS recently for me to get a good read on current values, I’m hoping the PFA brains trust could help weigh in!

Here’s an older photo of it, it now has a correct deck lid and some other updates.

There was a 2.7 white LHD with lobster interior sold a few months back (was this the car?)

it was advertised for 45k

9 minutes ago, Gsaps said:

There was a 2.7 white LHD with lobster interior sold a few months back (was this the car?)

it was advertised for 45k

This was bought towards the start of last year but I believe you are talking about this one. That was sharp pricing then and it’s had some money spent on it since.

Vinny, "as pictured" the ducktail hurts the value, and it looks like 14" Fuchs which also don't help?

I'm a big fan of LHD so I might have the rose coloured glasses on.

I'm thinking $60K +/-

1 minute ago, 9er said:

Vinny, "as pictured" the ducktail hurts the value, and it looks like 14" Fuchs which also don't help?

I'm a big fan of LHD so I might have the rose coloured glasses on.

I'm thinking $60K +/-

They’re the original 15s, and yes the ducktail and fender protectors are no longer present for a more “classic” look.

6 minutes ago, vinnytang said:

This was bought towards the start of last year but I believe you are talking about this one. That was sharp pricing then and it’s had some money spent on it since.

I missed out on this one by about an hour when it was for sale 🙁

A mate of mine sold his mechanically excellent US-sourced LHD SC for $56k about 2 months ago.  Kind of a benchmark to work with 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, flamingporsche said:

A mate of mine sold his mechanically excellent US-sourced LHD SC for $56k about 2 months ago.  Kind of a benchmark to work with 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, do you know if it was matching numbers? 

Just now, vinnytang said:

Thanks, do you know if it was matching numbers? 

I would have to check, but I believe it was.

1 minute ago, wilson59 said:

Sounds like this car maybe ? If yes it’s matching numbers with full history and books 

Nope - it was white.

Hi Vinnie,

Though a Targa, here is a comparative year car in same colour combination

Cheers

Craig

21 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

That was extremely well bought, you couldn't import and register a new one to replace it for that type of money.

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

That was extremely well bought, you couldn't import and register a new one to replace it for that type of money.

Yes, matching no’s. He originally bought it for $30k so was more than happy with the changeover. It went to Sydney. 

Anything lower than that and they’ll start returning back over the Pacific, or even over to Europe 

6 hours ago, wilson59 said:

If anyone is interested I'm going to put this car to market soon . Matching Numbers owners manual comprehensive history file . Pm me  

Thread hijack.!  

Start your own thread perhaps, and if selling it via PFA, a small contribution to correctly access the 'For Sale' thread is a small price to pay for such an enthusiastic audience.!  Lovely looking car BTW - very nice indeed.

2 hours ago, WOKA said:

Thread hijack.!  

Start your own thread perhaps, and if selling it via PFA, a small contribution to correctly access the 'For Sale' thread is a small price to pay for such an enthusiastic audience.!  Lovely looking car BTW - very nice indeed.

Relax Digger . There is $25 in your account go buy yourself a lotto ticket 

Deleted my crime 

Its not my account..

Anyway, back on track.

14 minutes ago, WOKA said:

Its not my account..

Anyway, back on track.

Just being forum sheriff ? Good job

Just realised my membership has lapsed, probably wrong place to ask but is there a way to have auto-renewal?

Thanks for the input everyone so far,

Woka doing the right thing here.

might feel harsh but part of the greater good.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Woka doing the right thing here.

might feel harsh but part of the greater good.

I have no oroblem with it just find forums amusing . My post were in context with the thread by the way . 

On 16/01/2019 at 13:46, crsedge said:

Hi Vinnie,

Though a Targa, here is a comparative year car in same colour combination

Cheer