Seen Through Glass at Lorbeks

I was there as I have been following Sam for a while but did not see any PFA cars that I knew.  I did know the silver GT2 that is featured in the video as it is owned by a local and is currently for sale but I do not think he is a PFA member.  I did not see anyone else there that I knew.

15 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Which PFA cars were there?

I tried to go with a few locals here in Geetroit as I was keen on seeing a few cars and it was a nice night for a drive.

After being told by Lorbeks we had a spot for us all to park (well in advance), the majority of use were refused entry to the car park. 

They couldn't organise a shag in a brothel.

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Wouldn't have thought many PFAers would associate with Lorbeks????

Relatively new to the forum, so apologies in advance if this has been well covered in the past, (and without wanting to slander anyone) but is it fair to say that Lorbeks have a less than glowing reputation over there?

I ask this, because sitting in Adelaide looking at their adverts and stock lists, they seem to have some pretty decent cars through there from time to time, including Pcars.  I've been close to tempted on a couple of their cars,

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

@Dave986 Yes when I arrived there was no space so parked about 1 klm away.  There were cars parked illegally everywhere.  It appears that people started showing up at around 4 pm for the 6 pm start.  There must have been over a thousand people there.  

I was in a group of 30 cars that had pre-organised (including arrival time) with them to get entry to have our vehicles on display. Ranging from Boxster's x 3, Maserati x 2, McLaren, M4, i8, GTR, GT PCar, R8 etc. I was disappointed to say the least. 

TBH I'd rather go to Dutton's in Richmond and will in the future.  Much nicer vibe IMHO.

The kids being avid watchers of car reviews on youtube wanted to go in, so we did.

Was pretty cool.

They made a video...guess they are now car youtubers!

Meet The PetrolHead Kidz.

If you can give them a view, a like, a comment or even a subscribe they would be stoked!

4 hours ago, Rick V said:

Relatively new to the forum, so apologies in advance if this has been well covered in the past, (and without wanting to slander anyone) but is it fair to say that Lorbeks have a less than glowing reputation over there?

I ask this, because sitting in Adelaide looking at their adverts and stock lists, they seem to have some pretty decent cars through there from time to time, including Pcars.  I've been close to tempted on a couple of their cars,

You could do a search on both Forum and Google with key words Lorbek, Panamera and brakes which may give you some info

28 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

You could do a search on both Forum and Google with key words Lorbek, Panamera and brakes which may give you some info

Err, yep..... that’ll do it!  Thanks @TwoHeadsTas 👍  ... (nicely done too) I’m now fully up to speed, and can safely delete that dealership from my ‘favorites’  searches! 

1 hour ago, Rick V said:

Err, yep..... that’ll do it!  Thanks @TwoHeadsTas 👍  ... (nicely done too) I’m now fully up to speed, and can safely delete that dealership from my ‘favorites’  searches! 

And as you're in Adelaide, you've got a fantastic toyshop on your doorstep, Richmonds if you haven;t been there yet....

Why is everyone so shit scared of bad mouthing Lorbek, I have a few friends who have had poor experiences and am happy to say the joint leaves me with uneasy feelings.  Also seeing the guy who runs it down in Portsea being slimy AF doesn't enhance my perception of him or his dealership.

11 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

And as you're in Adelaide, you've got a fantastic toyshop on your doorstep, Richmonds if you haven;t been there yet....

Yep, I have lost many hours drooling over cars , and talking to David & Andy down at Richmonds....

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:26, Lucky Phil said:

Which PFA cars were there?

The White GT2 RS (the guys first Porsche) I believe is a PFA member? I met him at a Dak Dak morning rego AUD 865 I believe.

15 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Why is everyone so shit scared of bad mouthing Lorbek, I have a few friends who have had poor experiences and am happy to say the joint leaves me with uneasy feelings.  Also seeing the guy who runs it down in Portsea being slimy AF doesn't enhance my perception of him or his dealership.

There is/was a defamation lawsuit against someone who bought an expensive car from them, and the client posted an honest and truthful opinion on their experience with that company. Soooo, people are  a bit apprehensive of receiving a cease and desist letter from their lawyers.

I saw that defamation case in the news, what was the outcome?

I'd agree though it can be stressful and expensive to receive such allegations even if they aren't true so best to avoid them if there is a risk. Some people can be real bullies and perhaps overly sensitive and if they have enough money they can afford to beat you up over it.  

Archived