Swepco 201

jb84911

Hi JB,

I used to source Swepco engine and gearbox oil from an agent in NSW, Dan, but he stopped distributing.

He hooked me up direct with the importer Specialty Polymers & Chemicals Pty Ltd (who were trading as Evans Coolants Australia/New Zealand). They were in Altona, but stopped importing a few years ago due low volumes and poor Fx rate.

I bought a stock pile from them knowing it would be hard to source later. I have no spare Swepco 306 engine oil as I’m running out myself,  but still have some Swepco 201 or Swepco 210 gearbox oil.

If you just need a gallon for gearbox servicing, message me as i have some 201 and 210 in gallon containers.  I bought a 20l drum for servicing my car 👍

Aside from Porsche 915 gearbox’s, you will find people operating and servicing piston engine helicopters use it in their gearboxes too. Otherwise you will generally find some reselling on eBay etc.

Hi DHE,

Thanks for the reply and info.. I used SP&C P/L six years ago. Swepco 201 delivered $95. 

That was then and this is now. Same thing from a supplier in Caulfield today $230. (Who I found after my original post).  I needed it today so I had no choice. 

Thanks again for the offer.

I know gear oils can be a hotly debated topic. I have tried most in my 915 including Swepco. Have currently landed on Castrol Syntrax. It meets all the technical requirements for the 915 and the box is shifting the best it ever has. Gets lots of street and track use. Its also priced right (approx $30/L) and readily available. Definitely worth a try. 

https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-fluids/engine-oils-fluids/gear-oils/castrol-syntrax-universal-plus-75w-90-1l/p/A9458809

• 1 year later...