981 Car Bras and 91 RON

jaw

Hey guys,

I'm toying with driving through from Sydney to Perth so am I'm just trying to cover the last few bits :D

1) Wondered if there will be any lasting effects of running 91 for the trip? I'm hoping I'll find better but not holding out due to the remote locations etc.

Any advise re octane booster? Have been told it can just destroy the cats so to avoid using them

2) Does anyone have or know of where to source a car bra on short notice? Masking tape has been suggestioned but I'm paranoid it will damage the clear coat etc.

:D ta

You'll  get 95 all the way. Download the fuel app and check it out. Plenty of fuel stops as well.

The roads are wide, but you may come up on a wide load that has had to get off in the gravel and brought a bit out on the black. So some risk of stone chips. Campers stop together on the roadside and bring a bit out too. 

Could quickly grab some 3m clear wrap and a heat gun off eBay and do a quick frontal wrap yourself. Coupla  hundred bucks max. Not hard or long to do for a quick imperfect job, (no need to be perfect)  and will do the job you're after. Just remove when you return.

Archived