OzJustin

Bathurst 12 hour 2019

Did anyone watch the race today? This is the first year I’ve properly tuned in and I found it pretty entertaining. Great to see a close battle between so many manufacturers and completely different engineering philosophies and strengths/weaknesses to the cars.

How about the winning car and winning driver(s)... 👍

Best endurance race I've ever watched. Matt Campbells last stint was also one of the best drives I've ever witnessed. He was on an absolute mission to win that race and I was on the edge of my seat for the last 20 laps. 

Let's hope the post race investigation is a positive one for Porsche 

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Best endurance race I've ever watched. Matt Campbells last stint was also one of the best drives I've ever witnessed. He was on an absolute mission to win that race and I was on the edge of my seat for the last 20 laps. 

Let's hope the post race investigation is a positive one for Porsche 

My thoughts exactly.  Best last hour of a race I have ever watched.  Was just fantastic. I was so vocal my daughter had to tell me to quieten down.  Especially that last pass by Campbell.  Fingers crossed that he does not receive a penalty which will most likely rob Porsche of the victory.

I thought Chaz turned in on him to milk a penalty, but I'm no official 

Incredible racing - Porsche gambled with the tyre change and it paid off (along with the safety car period). Campbell's pass to take the lead was one of the best Bathurst passes I've ever seen, and his pass at hell corner was pretty special too.

Cleared of any wrong doing in the investigation. The trophy is officially Porsche's!

Since the 12 Hour was opened up to the GT cars  a few years ago it has become one of the best endurance races around the world & in the last few races have been sensational. Matty & the team did an awesome job & that drive from matt was something special 

Good to hear Porsche have been cleared over the pass. Another one for the trophy cabinet!

I agree Matt Campbell drove an amazing last stint with those fresh tyres. The 911 couldn’t match the grunt of the V12 Aston down the straight so he had to get creative with his pass in the twisty section. Awesome to watch! I will be tuning in again next year. :D

Great to watch - where to pass and where not to, looking forward to my own run there next month but it won't be in my favoured Porsche.

1 hour ago, 9fan said:

Great to watch - where to pass and where not to, looking forward to my own run there next month but it won't be in my favoured Porsche.

What will you be steering mate?

6 hours ago, Andy73 said:

What will you be steering mate?

Going up the Mountain so will have to be the Turbo BMW M135.