By pass pipes on 997.

raafrebel2

Any one installed the muffler delete by pass pipes on their water cooled car?

a couple company’s make em and I’m happy for LOUD. I’ve seen a lot of the same modes on YouTube , and they are an easy install and de install if u want to go back to standard doing it myself 

I don’t give a shit about waking up the neighbors....👍

All I really want to know is would I need a re flash or tune to suit.?

fabspeed make a set , and they have a vid on YouTube also

its for my 997s

I hope you like drone ,,,they are really only something you would want on the track ,,for normal street use the drone in the cabin will drive you crazy ,,it is really bad sounds terrible ...

try after market system ,,,,X pipe  or just mufflers..

or alternatively do a Fister D or Gundo mod on the OEM mufflers ..

Fister D mod  1.3/4 inch bypass pipe ,,you can go as large as 2.5 inch

fister_a.jpg

5Fister_996_997_Modification.jpg

cut away of OEM mufflers 

996997_muffler_cutaway.jpg

From what I've read I second Raven's comments - seems to create a lot of drone and loss of backpressure causes torque loss low down. 

Mufflers + xpipe + headers are the only way to go. I'd go a minimum 100cel cats and not go catless because I have a environmental concious. 

I'm on the verge of doing the Gundo hack, but would really like to hear the sound in person first... Anyone with the mod in Sydney that's available to demonstrate the sound (preferably on a 997.1 Carrera S)? 

1 hour ago, FR290 said:

I'm on the verge of doing the Gundo hack, but would really like to hear the sound in person first... Anyone with the mod in Sydney that's available to demonstrate the sound (preferably on a 997.1 Carrera S)? 

The Gundo is a cheap mod that sounds ok and i think worth doing for some extra bark, not droney on the freeway either, mine is a 996.2.

I’m not too fussed on the dron .. I used to  race  loud road  bikes and dirt bikes  for many years and ear plugs work wonders...

i don’t do too much highway or city driving. 

I usually only drive back roads in the country and hardly ever it’s doing same RPM for very long 

I totally understand how annoying it would be driving on a long highway sitting on 120..

I would and might try the hack, but I was on the lines of thinking a little more free revving engine .. well that’s how u can squeeze a few extra hp out of a bike with a good tune .

would a tune be needed if I do this mod? 

The fabspeed website has a few vids. 

For 600 bucks , if I don’t like it or have to drive to Melbourne , I can put stock pipes back on

im just a bit of a hoon.. . 

23 hours ago, dan_189 said:

From what I've read I second Raven's comments - seems to create a lot of drone and loss of backpressure causes torque loss low down. 

Mufflers + xpipe + headers are the only way to go. I'd go a minimum 100cel cats and not go catless because I have a environmental concious. 

I would still be running the cat converters... only removing mufflers . Still legal except for sound 

hahaha,,, environment conscious... maybe buy a Prius??

On 05/02/2019 at 17:57, dan_189 said:

Plus I don’t have a spare 12 k laying around to spend on a full system 

On 04/02/2019 at 20:38, Raven said:

I hope you like drone ,,,they are really only something you would want on the track ,,for normal street use the drone in the cabin will drive you crazy ,,it is really bad sounds terrible ...

try after market system ,,,,X pipe  or just mufflers..

or alternatively do a Fister D or Gundo mod on the OEM mufflers ..

Fister D mod  1.3/4 inch bypass pipe ,,you can go as large as 2.5 inch

fister_a.jpg

5Fister_996_997_Modification.jpg

cut away of OEM mufflers 

996997_muffler_cutaway.jpg

Yea I’m thinking about hak but it’s a bit of a hassle to reverse... I was just going to put standard pipes away in case I need to do a trip to Phillip island or something. 

I had a set of mufflers I bough from this forum a few years ago for a grand ... sounded graet but I can’t seem to find a good set of pipes cheap... 

Full systems are way expensive, may as well sell my car and put the 12 k into a 997 turbo.. lol

have u got the link to the aftermarket pipes you mentioned? 

15 hours ago, Mttel said:

Cheers... I’ll find out if they would fit 3.8 motor.. 

if not I might ask my local exhaust shop to make me a set 

I think $695USD For a couple of mandrill bends is a bit rich from fabspeed 

Archived