FS 934 Replica. 3.4ltr turbo with G50 Cams Log Booked

On 08/02/2019 at 11:18, edgy said:

This is hilarious! Love it. 

Good luck with the sale, what a beast! 

I also reckon the aurwhp vs usrwhp  is gold.

On 08/02/2019 at 11:18, Uncle said:

My issue is I'm very much in need of space. Right now I have 5 cars,  motorbike, Snowmobile,  Bobcat,  Excavator, box trailer and car trailer parked at my place. If I move the other car I also have for sale I’ll consider keeping this car. But right now something has to give.

I’ve very tempted to sell up all but the cars but the Cayenne and buy a 996tt. I’ve always liked them and I could use it as a daily.

Not too hard to replicate those numbers on a 996tt with much much less effort  Eg biggest effort is replacing the stock rods so they don't bend like  bananna's and pinning / welding in the coolant pipes.  Rest is bolt ons.  As you know you dont always  have to have the boost gauge above zero.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/02/2019 at 20:25, Uncle said:

So honest thoughts here. Am I too expensive?

I’m good with frank feedback as it will help me list it better on Carsales etc.

Nope - I reckon presents as value but likely a small market.  It's one year too early for me but if you look at other pricepoints for historic track cars it seems sharp. 

I may raise the coilovers up and soften them up then chuck some soft street pads in it. I have several sets of pads in the spares kit so it's pretty easy. 

I have had some comments via p.m that I should tone down how harsh/agressive the car is but I feel I wouldn't be being honest about it. 

28 minutes ago, Uncle said:

I may raise the coilovers up and soften them up then chuck some soft street pads in it. I have several sets of pads in the spares kit so it's pretty easy. 

I have had some comments via p.m that I should tone down how harsh/agressive the car is but I feel I wouldn't be being honest about it. 

Yes - tone in down slightly. Remove most decals, refit bumper rubber,original pedal rubbers put clock back in, make horn badge Porsche ........

Lots of little things to civilise it a bit & make it easier to explain to a buyers wife that its "just an older Turbo - dear & a real bargain"

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Leave it as it is personally

Agreed!!  Anyone looking at this car will have an imagination and the ability to make their own changes.  FWIW the BBS you already have and turbo fans if it was in my garage (which I very very much wish it was!!)... 

On 13/02/2019 at 07:37, clutch-monkey said:

price is spot on. this is ideal for me. not sure what i would do with another race porsche.

GTR and rx7 are sweating nervously in the garage knowing they could be flicked on for this.

Please for the love of god buy this beast Sam so I can come for passenger rides and drown in my own bodily fluids.

@Uncle any chance you would swap for a 370hp 951...and like 50 bucks cash (my life's savings) your way?  😛😛

I tried to talk my son into buying this, i know his eyes lit up when i said that it was finally on the market, apparently his mate had done some work on it and was pretty impressed with it, unfortunately my son has some unfinished business with an 1100hp beast, it would look good in my garage.

4 hours ago, Uncle said:

I say leave it as it is Uncle and keep the same honest advert. Yes only a small market for a beast like this but also only a very few beasts like this for sale for that small market. Same old selling story, which you of course know ..... price it sharp if you want it gone asap, and if it doesn't sell sharpen your pencil til it does. Or whack a high price tag on it and wait if you don't need the cash. 

Yeah I’m not overly in a rush to move it. Its more a matter or storage. I’m in the throes of building a larger workshop at the rear of my property to cope with my problem and allow more working space. The cash would be kinda handy to help pay for the fitout but whatever.

Oh and I want to buy a Unimog because I'm a farmer now and reasons. 😆 

3 hours ago, Uncle said:

Yeah I’m not overly in a rush to move it. Its more a matter or storage. I’m in the throes of building a larger workshop at the rear of my property to cope with my problem and allow more working space. The cash would be kinda handy to help pay for the fitout but whatever.

Oh and I want to buy a Unimog because I'm a farmer now and reasons. 😆 

Unimog ha... now you're talking  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had quite a few phone calls asking “What would it take to make it a streetcar again”. Here is a list of what you would need to do.

• Street brake pads. Soft compound less squeal when cold. Edit I may have some in the boxes of spares.
  • Take the front of the cage out. I could have it done in about 2 hours so could you.
  • Swap doors to steel doors. You could sell/swap the current doors pretty quickly to a racer looking to save alot weight.
  • Raise the coilovers up and soften them up. Again not rocket science but how soft and high is up to you.
  • Street tyres. It’s a waste to drive around on semi slicks.
  • New idle control valve. Simple plug and play.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

Another option is to restore it as an historic.  It does have racing history.  I also believe that it was on display at Bowdens about 7 or 8 years ago, but it has been "used as intended" since then and shows the patina.

Rather than raising the springs, trim the front spoiler for the road, similar to a the pic below and an original size for "playing".

IMG_0110

21 hours ago, Uncle said:

So I've had quite a few phone calls asking “What would it take to make it a streetcar again”. Here is a list of what you would need to do.

• Street brake pads. Soft compound less squeal when cold. Edit I may have some in the boxes of spares.
  • Take the front of the cage out. I could have it done in about 2 hours so could you.
  • Swap doors to steel doors. You could sell/swap the current doors pretty quickly to a racer looking to save alot weight.
  • Raise the coilovers up and soften them up. Again not rocket science but how soft and high is up to you.
  • Street tyres. It’s a waste to drive around on semi slicks.
  • New idle control valve. Simple plug and play.

Hope this helps answer some questions.

So god damn tempting!!! 

I’d love to leave it in current trim and cut around. 

Is the above list what you reckon a blue slipper would require as minimum changes to road register the car? Or just more a list of “comfort” related de-spec-ing? 

I’d love to drive it as it - aggressive and unruly - on the road.  I used to have a vintage race spec Ducati 750 Sport (73) as my daily ride. It was a real effort to ride on the road (and not kill myself), but god damn it was fun. 

The list is mostly comfort. It is funny to drive on the street as it is but it isn't for everyone. The sound is glorious. Flat six engine note with added intake noise and the classic group B flutter between shifts or throttle input changes. Because it has a modern turbo on it you don’t have this laggy beast that takes an age to make power. Its just there, all the time.   

I can get it bluesliped as is... But you're never going to get a car with any kind of front cage passed in NSW ever for any reason so the slip guy will need to have glasses on if he is going to see the black FIA padded cage in the front of the car..

On a plus side I’ve sorted my storage issue and my earthworks issue out so now the pressure is off for space and its just about fleet reduction. I really want to get back to just having three cars, motorbike ,snowmobile , excavator, bobcat, car trailer and a box trailer lol. So with that in mind once this goes I’ll probably move our Amarok on and buy a 996tt I can daily drive. Then we will only have 2 cars and the wife’s VJ charger project car.

7 hours ago, Uncle said:

The list is mostly comfort. It is funny to drive on the street as it is but it isn't for everyone. The sound is glorious. Flat six engine note with added intake noise and the classic group B flutter between shifts or throttle input changes. Because it has a modern turbo on it you don’t have this laggy beast that takes an age to make power. Its just there, all the time.   

I can get it bluesliped as is... But you're never going to get a car with any kind of front cage passed in NSW ever for any reason so the slip guy will need to have glasses on if he is going to see the black FIA padded cage in the front of the car..

On a plus side I’ve sorted my storage issue and my earthworks issue out so now the pressure is off for space and its just about fleet reduction. I really want to get back to just having three cars, motorbike ,snowmobile , excavator, bobcat, car trailer and a box trailer lol. So with that in mind once this goes I’ll probably move our Amarok on and buy a 996tt I can daily drive. Then we will only have 2 cars and the wife’s VJ charger project car.

PS Driven a stock 996 tt recently.  If not reckon you will disappointed coming from what you have.  Eg Wouldn't  say k16's with stock exhaust and factory tune is any instabooster unless you like your  boost coming in at license losing speeds on 100 km/hr plus roads.  But very easily rectified ,  noting that not  all tuners  and exhausts are alike. In a tweaked one,  probably counter initiative but I reckon  the combination of throttle response across all gears greater than first is night and day  and third gear becomes that that clutch instaboosting  gear that covers you across a wide speedo range depending on how much right foot pressure you apply that makes a tweaked one a better proposition for a daily, but at the same time is a brutal beast when you are WOT that  keeps you focused and gets the blood pumping that a stock one just doesnt compare.  ( three speed car as a daily as  first doesnt count  but gets you rolling, 5th and 6th relegated to long highway cruise control runs and 4th is for shaving a few bucks off your weekly fuel bill and toning down the mezger note in the cabin.)

Ps assuming a  manual of course??? and are you looking at an unloved / unwanted tweaked 996tt. Or stock one.  When you get your hands on one,  stock or tweaked ,  highly recommend you get onto the phone to Kevin at UMW.  He  is the man for a tune and if you are technically minded,  intended 3 minutes calls can easily blow out to 45 minutes on the phone (  after he susses you out and are a customer  and  they are quite enjoyable and he loves to tell a few stories.   The man knows and can recite virtually  every nut bolt and washer on a 996 turbo. 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

@smit2100 You don't know @Uncle very well then, as he doesn't seem to do stock  😁

So you reckon I'm a factor of 2 out.  Eg daily 996tt that drinks meth from the frunk and takes in a  few fuels that allows you to dial in boost anywhere from 1.2 to 2.4 bar to get you from US 500 to  US 1000 chp  is  on the cards.

Archived