Traffic Congestion/Management

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Its a friggin joke the roads in and out of Sydney .........the major motorways are banked up bumper to bumper daily :(

Just a Q , where do you Sydney guys drive your high performance sports cars? To the beach?
I don't reckon I could be arsed taking 45-60" to get a bit out of town.

5 hours ago, LeeM said:

I have another idea on that, though it's too controversial for the politically correct 

You’d be surprised how many people share your ‘controversial’ views.  Mostly people think they can’t speak their mind because of media hazing but in reality most people are happy to hear a different point of view if it is spoken honestly and without malice.

Most people don’t support the current level of immigrantion, including the recent arrivals who are only too happy to talk about shutting the gate behind them.

Australias low population density, mostly clean environment and low violence and crime rates are globally unique.  Huge amounts of effort should be made to preserve that.

4 hours ago, tazzieman said:

Just a Q , where do you Sydney guys drive your high performance sports cars? To the beach?
I don't reckon I could be arsed taking 45-60" to get a bit out of town.

I head west into and over the blue mountains ,,,there are some good drives north eg Putty Rd and there are also lots of quite deserted rural roads south ..........but yes it takes a good 45 to 60 minutes to get out of the urban fringe ..

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

You’d be surprised how many people share your ‘controversial’ views.  Mostly people think they can’t speak their mind because of media hazing but in reality most people are happy to hear a different point of view if it is spoken honestly and without malice.

Most people don’t support the current level of immigrantion, including the recent arrivals who are only too happy to talk about shutting the gate behind them.

Australias low population density, mostly clean environment and low violence and crime rates are globally unique.  Huge amounts of effort should be made to preserve that.

I'm all for immigration if it is handled correctly and the immigrants abide by our laws and way of life, though honestly mate, it's too much of a touchy subject for me to say what I want to say on a public forum.

What I will say is that I have no idea why my cousin from England who is a highly respected civil engineer wishes to live here but can't get a look in or even a limited working visa, yet an unskilled family of 6 from Uzbekistanialand with not a cent to their name can! Go figure 🤬

We moved to Canberra from Brisbane a year ago almost. We lived 12km to the north of, but still in the bris council area, of the CBD. We both needed to drive as public tpt  was woeful. We spent easily 2.5hrs each a day in the car to go a combined 50km total. 

In Canberra we live the same distance from work, use one car and now spend 35 min a day in the car combined. We as a family have gone from 5 plus hours to .5 hrs a day driving. It seems silly saying we are getting 4 plus hours back a day as a family. So much less stressful! 

Roads are good here too. Realestate is bloody expensive though!

21 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'm all for immigration if it is handled correctly and the immigrants abide by our laws and way of life, though honestly mate, it's too much of a touchy subject for me to say what I want to say on a public forum.

What I will say is that I have no idea why my cousin from England who is a highly respected civil engineer wishes to live here but can't get a look in or even a limited working visa, yet an unskilled family of 6 from Uzbekistanialand with not a cent to their name can! Go figure 🤬

Same here - my old man who has a 40+ year background in electronics more recently with heavy industry elcetical control module design basically got laughed at when he tried to apply to emigrate. He was here on holiday and went to immigration to have a chat - got treated like a twat. Had $$ to support himself well beyond retirement.

Sold up in England and moved to Spain!!

Sorry off topic - should be in rant..

I watch the latest episode of the Grand tour last night season 3 ,,,,Clarkson ,May and Hammond go to China ,,,to point out the obvious to the rest of the world ...

The roads are incredibles ,many of them engineering marvels that leave this country to shame multi lane and multi level express ways ,huge tunnels through mountains with decorative light interiors  and master pieces of  Bridges  built just every were  ..

Yes they still have congestion and many other issue that Mr Clarkson makes light of due to this happening so fast ,,but the point he makes is that they are pro active in building the infrastructure and over coming the issues , what ever it takes to fix the problem just do it ,,,all of this in a relatively short time frame of 10 years ...

If you get a chance google some of these roads and bridges ,,amazing feats ..We seriously have no idea in this country ,,,if other developing nations can do it ........?????????????? Wake the Fu#k up Canberra seriously ,stop flipping PM,s and screwing the Tax payer ....fix the big issues :(

32-BE28-CD00000578-3503086-image-a-7-145

5fcde0af85f13f19041d0966427cedd8-XL.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

modern-city-aerial-view-crowded-highway-

Government wastes money hand over fist on crap we all now that  ,  not hard to build the proper infrastructure ,eg roads ,power stations etc that will serve the Australian people for decades to come allowing for growth , been done in the past...All sides of government short sighted and only looking out for them selves ,,,if they had to pay tolls and sit in Sydney,s peak hour traffic every day and pay inflated power prices , like the average Aussie these issues would be fixed ,,,dosnt effect them in any way so they dont care .. living it up on Government gravy train ..

Dictionary

gravy train

Dictionary result for gravy train

noun
INFORMAL

1. used to refer to a situation in which someone can make a lot of money for very little effort.
    "come to Hollywood and get on the gravy train"

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/02/2019 at 15:47, firstone said:

Immigration is the answer then.

Developing countries still have labour costs that they can afford. Bloody aussie labourers want safe working conditions, money and respect. 

Those roads in China aren't built because they have cheap labour.  They're built because they decided to build them and didn't give a toss what a bunch of activists thought about it.  The benefits of running a one party totalitarian state I guess.  I could do with the roads and not the oppressive regime.  Kids in China still have to study Marxism and live under the horrific 'social credit' system.  

Australia, however...how many years have they been trying to build a new coal mine?  Which lesser-peckered three-toed lizard is stopping it this month?

most of melbournes traffic woes are the result of the brumby regime where all traffic lights were taken out of sequence,apparently to slow us all down...which is great ,because traffic is all released in "blocks"..eg try getting from left lane to right line on a 3 or 4 lane road(of course other road users will let you in ...NOT)

this same regime also decided to eliminate bus stop bays and give buses one entire lane to them on major arterials..no consultation with the public,just done...also bus lane rules were never explained to drivers (the smart thing to do would have been at least a leaflet with rego renewal)

now they wonder why congestion has gone through the roof

and don't get me started on divers with international licenses...reported daily on the radio  are crashes on doncaster rd..i'll let you work it out

17 hours ago, Coastr said:

Those roads in China aren't built because they have cheap labour.  They're built because they decided to build them and didn't give a toss what a bunch of activists thought about it.  The benefits of running a one party totalitarian state I guess.  I could do with the roads and not the oppressive regime. 

I had posted this in another Topic:

With Porsche Cayenne  4.8 engines (early ones), they had chocolate Aluminium bolts holding the variable timing mechanism & cam chain sprocket to the camshaft; & Possibly V6s as well? Usually resulted in a catastrophic engine failure.

In the beginning, there was a Recall - but only in China ??? Seems that in China the people driving Cayennes & Panameras were big Party bosses & Porsche was sheet scared that they would be totally banned if they treated Chinese customers like they do in Australia & elsewhere.

• 1 month later...