Electric Porsche

Jim45

Tidy build.

https://tinyurl.com/y4vnb8wk

Would like a Targa of this era but not sure it would survive the daily grind in Sydney to be honest so this looks like the perfect way to make an older car a reliable daily when you only have access to one classic car. I'd image range / recharge times are the current negatives using this technology.

When we are inevitably forced away from the internal combusion engine I'd much rather be driving a vintage electric v some KIA B/S to be honest.

Wonder when DANSK start making replica door panels with solar cells embedded?

Anyone doing this type of thing in Aus currently - motor wise?

Interesting.

Interestingly I've only driven classic cars the last 10 years and only twice had a failure to proceed. Blocked carby jets  in recently bought cars.
It's not the car's fault anyway. ;)
That said I suppose I have to move with the times , thoughtwise at least , lest I get labelled classic myself.
Which then opens up a large number of finely styled & iconic cars of several brands that could be electrified.
Electric Jensen? Yes please.
Would you commit the crime in a Ferrari Dino???

A lot of people would regard this as a crime - flat 6 soul gone -  sound and smell etc being the main crimes I'd assume.

When I'm older and can't be bothered worrying about engines exploding (I have a 996) this might be the way to go.

BTW - Why am I on carsales looking for unloved Targa's 😂

Interceptor eh...:Drool:

Heinous crime to some -

I think it’s ok if the car was already molested/crashed/whatever 

I would like an electric daily.  I’ve driven bmw i3 and they are a hoot around the city and suburbs.  For whatever reason I don’t feel any mechanical sympathy for electrics and are quite happy to hoon hard.  Plus the silence and lack of smell in cities is a real plus.  I oppose any moves to pass laws forcing a choice though.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

I think it’s ok if the car was already molested/crashed/whatever ...... I oppose any moves to pass laws forcing a choice though.

Would be ideal candidate - absoulte basket case turned into a go-cart.

Wholeheatedly agree...then again I do have "authority" issues.

On 16/02/2019 at 11:25, LeeM said:

Bloke in the Targa deserves a kick in the goolies 

I hate it, him and electric cars in general 🖕🖕🖕💩🤮💩🤮🤬🤢🤮💩💩💩

Then here's another one for you, this time from the other side of the dam.

It's old but it should annoy you.  No different to a long hood conversion really, except you can't see it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/02/2019 at 11:31, Jim45 said:

Tidy build.

https://tinyurl.com/y4vnb8wk

Would like a Targa of this era but not sure it would survive the daily grind in Sydney to be honest so this looks like the perfect way to make an older car a reliable daily when you only have access to one classic car. I'd image range / recharge times are the current negatives using this technology.

When we are inevitably forced away from the internal combusion engine I'd much rather be driving a vintage electric v some KIA B/S to be honest.

Wonder when DANSK start making replica door panels with solar cells embedded?

Anyone doing this type of thing in Aus currently - motor wise?

Interesting.

Just sold my ‘78 targa last weekend - with no air in it was hard to drive this summer, that’s for sure! Beautiful car though, miss it already!!

Archived