For Sale: 2003 Boxster

For Sale:  2003 Boxster manual located in Sydney's northern suburbs.  Finished in Midnight Blue with Metropole Blue interior.  This car has been a regular participant of PFA SMTs and has performed faultlessly!

• Manual Transmission
  • Registered until September, 2019
  • 147,000 kms
  • Full service history with Autohaus Hamilton

This car has been meticulously maintained over the last 6 years of my ownership.  Full service history available.  All major wear items replaced including:

• IMS Bearing
  • Rear Main Seal
  • Clutch
  • Alternator
  • AOS (air oil separator)
  • Leading and trailing lateral arms and bushes
  • Front and rear brake rotors
  • Front and rear brake pads

There's nothing left to do but drive it!

Includes some spare parts and a genuine Porsche indoor car cover.  Selling because I have bought a newer model.  Seeking $22,500.  Reasonable offers considered.

bx2.jpg

bx1.jpg

car_cover.jpg

1 minute ago, targa george said:

Far out man!   The only reason I have my Porsche is to go on Caver's drives.  What am I supposed to do now?

Don't stress George. Read the first post... "newer model" 👌

Hi Everyone...well, I'm certainly feeling the love from you guys!  Thank you for all your wonderful comments, photos and encouragement.  Nearly brought a tear to my eyes...nearly!

The car is SOLD!  To a non PFA'er, however, we may see "Nelle" on a trip one day as the new owner is keen for some country drives.

As requested by @GC9911 , here are a few shots of the replacement!  A 981 Boxster S, 3.4 litre, 6 speed Manual.

Relax @targa george, there will be more SMTs!  Try to keep up!  😀

n_bx2.jpg

n_bx3.jpg

n_bx1.jpg

4 hours ago, Caver said:

Hi Everyone...well, I'm certainly feeling the love from you guys!  Thank you for all your wonderful comments, photos and encouragement.  Nearly brought a tear to my eyes...nearly!

The car is SOLD!  To a non PFA'er, however, we may see "Nelle" on a trip one day as the new owner is keen for some country drives.

As requested by @GC9911 , here are a few shots of the replacement!  A 981 Boxster S, 3.4 litre, 6 speed Manual.

Relax @targa george, there will be more SMTs!  Try to keep up!  😀

n_bx2.jpg

n_bx3.jpg

n_bx1.jpg

David, congratulations, & now your detailed review, road test, report. We’re all waiting!

@CaverWe upgraded from a 987S manual to a 2013 PDK 981 (non S) the darker blue than yours.  Bloody hard to keep clean, but no doubt you'd be used to it with the 986S being black....

Got to say, whilst we would have looked at a manual, there were none around at the time, so we ended up with a PDK (but it does have sports chrono 🙂 ).  I reckon there's more power in the 2.7 than there was in the 3.2 of the 987S, or at least the power is more usable perhaps.....

• 1 year later...

Hi Caver and friends

I am the buyer of Caver's 986.

12 month on, I love the car, so much fun. It has not missed a beat. Had the yearly service done at Autohaus Hamilton  to continue the perfect 

service history with Autohaus Hamilton. The car is so well looked after that there was nothing needed to be done $650

I have had the pleasure to come on a few drives with Caver and friends.

We are going on the winter drive with the PCNSW to Noosa in June, I think about 3000km all up, should be great.

Now a member of PFA, look forward to other drives. off to the F1 next weekend

Regards Henrik 

IMG_0882.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Henrik Sparrevohn & everyone.  It does my heart good to read a post like yours above.  I am so happy that you're enjoying the car and it has been trouble free.  I have just returned from a 2 week caving expedition in Tasmania, so have only just seen your message.  As we well know now, the F1 was cancelled.  Can you believe it?  I hope that you had a great time anyway.

I reckon it's nearly time to arrange another drive weekend.  When the weather cools just a little more...I'll have to suss out what accommodation is going to be open too.

Meantime, I have been living up to my PFA avatar name "Caver".  Thought I'd share some of my images, captured during my 2 week self isolation trip to the apple isle with members of my caving club.  Retirement sitting very well with me.  😀 

Hope to see you guys soon!  Cheers!  David.

mss_tas_1.jpg

"The Ridgeway" in Kubla Khan Cave, Mole Creek, Tas.

mss_tas_2.jpg

"The Beehive" in Croesus Cave, Mole Creek, Tas.

mss_tas_3.jpg

Upside down "umbrellas" in Tailender Cave, Mole Creek, Tas.

mss_tas_4.jpg

2 metre waterfall climb in Lynds Cave, Mole Creek, Tas.

mss_tas_5.jpg

Main stream way passage in Lynds Cave, Mole Creek, Tas.

mss_tas_6.jpg

Lake Pluto in Wolf Hole, Hastings, Tas. (largest underground lake in Tasmania)

mss_tas_7.jpg

Main stream way passage in Bradley Chesterman Cave, Ida Bay, Tas.

mss_tas_8.jpg

Abseiling pitch 5, (39 metres) in Midnight Hole, Ida Bay, Tas.

mss_tas_9.jpg

Waterfall passage in Mystery Creek Cave, Ida Bay, Tas.