Recommended tyres

911ASH

Hi all,

looking for recommendations about tyres for a 997 Carrera S . Currently running Pirellis which I find harsh with lots of road noise. I’m looking for a good road tyre, not for track days but for every day use. 

Much appreciated 

Ash

You might have problems finding many options to fit.  Just going through process with 996 C2, and matching 285/30/18 Rear and 225/40/18 Front options for a regular road tyre appears to be really only P Zero Rossos,  Michy Pilot Sports 2 and Conti Sportcontact 2s

Thanks Wilburforce - much appreciated. Do you recommend any retailer?

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

You might have problems finding many options to fit.  Just going through process with 996 C2, and matching 285/30/18 Rear and 225/40/18 Front options for a regular road tyre appears to be really only P Zero Rossos,  Michy Pilot Sports 2 and Conti Sportcontact 2s

Thanks TwoHeadsTas - please let me know how you go. Also would you recommend any particular tyre shop?

10 minutes ago, 911ASH said:

Thanks TwoHeadsTas - please let me know how you go. Also would you recommend any particular tyre shop?

Best price so far was Bob Jane on the PS2s which is my preference.  There's a $100 discount to end of Feb.  However, I will try Tyrepower as I preference for dealing with  them as I have a personal connection with the local franchise owners

12 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Either of these are great on the 996/997/986/987 series' - Michy Pilot Sports 2 and Conti Sportcontact 2s

Thanks Troubleshooter - much appreciated 

58 minutes ago, Simonk said:

Check out Michelin pilot sport 4S also. I’m very happy with them on my 997.

Thanks Simonk

On 18/02/2019 at 11:51, 911ASH said:

Check the prices at your nearest Costco. They've been known to stock the Pilot Sports at crazy prices from time to time - not sure if they're getting rid of old stock or Michelin promo's with Costco. I'd buy them there if you've got a good price and find a good tyre guy to stick 'em on your wheels.

20 hours ago, Mike737 said:

Check the prices at your nearest Costco. They've been known to stock the Pilot Sports at crazy prices from time to time - not sure if they're getting rid of old stock or Michelin promo's with Costco. I'd buy them there if you've got a good price and find a good tyre guy to stick 'em on your wheels.

Not this time - Search shows Costco's price on 285/30/18 PS2s is $130 higher and 225/40/18s $35 higher than Bob Jane

• 4 weeks later...

Although I run one of my cars in competition, the tyre of choice for most of the field is now Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or 4s. 

On my 944Turbo I swear by Toyo Proxes, best I have ever had, though the Yokohamas ran them close.

Archived