997 Service Manual .pdf

Gixxer

Go Day

Looking for a service manual for a 997. I have just bought a basket case that needs a lot of TLC. My first attempt in such a huge undertaking. Any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance

19 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Welcome mate. How much of a basket case?

Some body work and a engine/tranny rip and strip. Drove hard by a pimple faced rich kid . Stopped counting the over revs in the 4 and up range . Got it for a song. Interior is not bad . Paint will need some minor dent and chip repair then a respray . I think the motor has a bottom end knock . Cant wait to crack it open .

Thanks for the Question

I'm located in the Great White North Ontario Canada .

22 hours ago, sjm said:

Hi Gixxer. Hope this helps. 997 catalogue.pdf Cheers Steve.

Thank You Very Much . This helps a lot in getting parts order correctly . But i was looking for specs , torque values and some technical direction on repair procedures . The Germans have a particular way doing things . Parts and Gaskets get expensive so i like to do the job right the first time round . I live in Ontario Canada and Porsche parts are pricey . I cant imagine what they are like in Australia  .

Thank You for the great information

Gixxer,

If I remember correctly. Jake Raby of Flat 6 fame (out of Georgia, USA) has released a list of torque specs  a few years ago for the Porsche M96 engines.

I think it was posted on the 986forum.com which is for the Boxster boys or on Rennlist. If you use their respective search functions & type in M96 torque specs you may get a result. Knowing Jake Raby, you may have to pay for the detailed information though......

Welcome OP, I think you're after the "factory workshop manual". 

Might be worth asking over on Rennlist, also get your hands on the Bentley manual - have heard it's got plenty of detail for rebuilding an M96. 

Best of luck! 

I don't think so Dan - my Bentley manual has lots of info regarding removal of the ancillaries from the M96 block but very little detail of the actual stripping and rebuilding of the motor or cylinder head.

Unless of course the latest edition has the detail, but my version (2009 IIRC) is very light on in helping a rebuild......

1 minute ago, Stephen Tinker said:

I don't think so Dan - my Bentley manual has lots of info regarding removal of the ancillaries from the M96 block but very little detail of the actual stripping and rebuilding of the motor or cylinder head.

Unless of course the latest edition has the detail, but my version (2009 IIRC) is very light on in helping a rebuild......

Hurmm - interesting - I actually don't own a copy I have just read on rennlist a few have used it to rebuild an M96 

Archived