Driving a LHD in a RHD country (i.e here)

TwoHeadsTas

The only issue I have found is reverse parking or backing down a long driveway. Well certainly with a car with no P/S. But if you are comfortable steering with your left hand and looking behind over your right shoulder there should be no problem. I suspect though it will be difficult for most. 
Other than that , LHD becomes just another pair of running shoes.

18 hours ago, tazzieman said:

The only issue I have found is reverse parking or backing down a long driveway. Well certainly with a car with no P/S. But if you are comfortable steering with your left hand and looking behind over your right shoulder there should be no problem. I suspect though it will be difficult for most. 
Other than that , LHD becomes just another pair of running shoes.

haha.. I thought I was the only one that found reversing weird.. I am so used to looking over my left shoulder when reversing but in my LHD, it feels so weird to be looking over my right shoulder...  I really like driving my car though. For me it is about the overall experience, and being on the other side, adds to it. 

I’ve got a LHD car in the UK. When I tell Poms of the restrictions on using LHD cars in Australia, they are mystified. Mind you, they mostly haven’t experienced our driving standards either. ;)

Archived