Black box technology in your car

tazzieman

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/motoring-news/big-brother-incar-monitoring-on-the-way-for-europe/news-story/a3bb97ef7bd86611c0f922e0e71c4ce2

I do my best to stay off big brother's ever expanding grid. But you may welcome this with loving arms.
Insurance companies will be slobbering at the prospect.

"Widespread changes to vehicle safety throughout the European Union look set to require manufacturers to include a number of features in every new car, including a black box-style data recorder and intelligent “speed assistance” pushing drivers to stick to posted limits.

The same technology could come to Australia under the vehicle “type approval” process which requires cars sold locally to meet the same minimum standards held in Europe and other markets — a Volkswagen or Mercedes sold in Australia is largely the same as its overseas cousin."

Imagine the introduction. The vehicle in front starts submitting to the limit where everyone takes a liberty every day. Get enough of them it'll control the rest of the traffic if they've got no choice. Then you'll see more risks taken to overtake.

I see more death and injury, insurance up and panel shops busy.

Don't like it. Nope. 

Free to pay what we tell you and smile ...:Chuckle2:

There are insurance company ,s that offer these black box style recorders currently I now my wife got a letter from AAMI offering to fit one for a one of fee that would pay for its self because it would lower your premium ...blah blah blah

Got me stuffed why they asked my wife ,,,she has ridden of 3 cars in her 20 odd years of driving ...?????

They probably see her as prime candidate to fleece money out of ...:wacko:

The NSW government give up $270M in fines a year? I don't think so.

Now if the black box lets you speed, but sends the information back to the RMS when you break the speed limit automatically generating a fine.... that I'd believe.

8 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

I'll ride a fuchin horse on our roads before I succumb to all this big brother shite with our new cars -- and our lives!

Strong and fighting words , comrade!
We shall ride together :Beer: against this evil

VriZCbx.jpg

18 minutes ago, sleazius said:

The NSW government give up $270M in fines a year? I don't think so.

Now if the black box lets you speed, but sends the information back to the RMS when you break the speed limit automatically generating a fine.... that I'd believe.

Yep

52 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Strong and fighting words , comrade!
We shall ride together :Beer: against this evil

VriZCbx.jpg

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

I'll ride a fuchin horse on our roads before I succumb to all this big brother shite with our new cars -- and our lives!

Sorry, but it's illegal to ride a horse on a freeway, toll way or express way.

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

I'll take the B and C roads and the backroads! Hmmm wonder if I can fit cup holders to my saddle.....

Never been a problem , amigo!
0Uc4E3o.jpg

57 minutes ago, firstone said:

Are there tollways freeways in tassie?

Good god no. But with climate change migrants we might start a new tax ,as well as the proposed exit tax for freeloading grey nomads.

Archived