TwoHeadsTas

How long to do a Vic RWC???

Guys, just trying to co-ordinate a couple of things on Monday morning when I get off the boat with our 987 for delivery to the new owner.  Looks like we're going to get Ultratune in Graham Street to do the RWC and car is booked in for 8.00.  On average, how long does it take to get a RWC check done - 20 mins, 1/2 hour????

thanks

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Guys, just trying to co-ordinate a couple of things on Monday morning when I get off the boat with our 987 for delivery to the new owner.  Looks like we're going to get Ultratune in Graham Street to do the RWC and car is booked in for 8.00.  On average, how long does it take to get a RWC check done - 20 mins, 1/2 hour????

thanks

5 mins if you know the right people ;)

35 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

5 mins if you know the right people ;)

Tell me more.... 🙂 

54 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Tell me more.... 🙂 

I don't know anyone in Vic though....

3 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

thanks

Allow for 1 hour or hour & half if they are not used to where to look for things on a Boxster (do they need instructions ?) They take photos & do a little write up.

Good luck & I hope your tester had a good weekend & a loving partner to get an OK result. 

Is it a “friendly” mechanic. If not, I guarantee they’ll find shit wrong with it that will add days to getting the RWC. It’s in their interest to find things because they would likely do the repair. 

The inspection probably takes about 1-2 hours based on what they charge for a RWC.

Simon, we had my Tassie mechanic do a check based on Vic RWC requirements and it came through clear, so we don't expect anything to come up.  Going to Ultratune near the boat so they shouldn't expect to get any repair work - Dave Brennan has already been lined up to look after the car in future, he just isn't licenced yet to do RWCs

1 hour ago, Simonk said:

Is it a “friendly” mechanic. If not, I guarantee they’ll find shit wrong with it that will add days to getting the RWC. It’s in their interest to find things because they would likely do the repair. 

The inspection probably takes about 1-2 hours based on what they charge for a RWC.