Too much tech in cars article

Nerds avert thy gaze. You've probably got a flashing toilet paper dispenser and 4D bidet sound system.
I'm just going to leave this here. I'm not a fan. I need about 3 pedals , one lever , one large wheel and a couple of switches.
That is all , seriously! And not just with cars either.

"Innovation can equal aggravation. Just because a car maker has added some hi-tech feature to the latest model doesn’t guarantee it’s a good idea. Even very senior auto industry executives know it …

“Some of the stuff is not so useful as it seems in brochures,” Harald Wester said . The straight-talking German engineer, boss of Maserati at the time, was explaining why he thinks brand heritage is more important than glam technology."

https://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/hitech/what-happens-when-the-tech-in-your-car-is-too-clever/news-story/bc2a41e533e72875e189f718a084d81c

47 minutes ago, Harvs11 said:

As long as it isn’t a substitute for a sub par chassis. Nanny should only kick in well after you’ve reached unreasonable limits

unreasonable limits may be very hard to find with a good chassis, but when found,a helping hand can save a lot of grief  

27 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Unreasonable limits I hope that's not exceeding the speed limit on public roads.😇
Nanny should kick in when texting or fiddling with the on screen display/soylatte

Speed limits are one thing, yellow corner speed signs are advisory  :ph34r:.  

7 minutes ago, Harvs11 said:

Speed limits are one thing, yellow corner speed signs are advisory  :ph34r:.  

Well of course , as long as you stick to the right side , which for all you bleary eyed and cruise ship tourist-types who grabbed a licence from the cornflakes packet is the left , repeat left side.

Archived