Cayenne Recall

BTT

Unsure about the Cayenne but a friend has a Macan Turbo MY16.  He took it in for a service the other week and they said we need it for 2 weeks to repair a leak.  Motor out I believe.  Was advised that it was not an "official" recall.  Nod nod wink wink know what I mean, but looks like they are looking at all Macan Turbos and booking them in.  Sounds like a recall to me.

1 hour ago, Lucky Phil said:

Unsure about the Cayenne but a friend has a Macan Turbo MY16.  He took it in for a service the other week and they said we need it for 2 weeks to repair a leak.  Motor out I believe.  Was advised that it was not an "official" recall.  Nod nod wink wink know what I mean, but looks like they are looking at all Macan Turbos and booking them in.  Sounds like a recall to me.

@edgy May need to daily the boxrod or mr lapis if it’s all turbos.

6 hours ago, BTT said:

Hi Can anyone please advise if Porsche had a recall on 2010-2012 Cayenne S and Tubro's

The catastrophic Cayenne V8 engine issue for those years was the camshaft bolts made of soft aluminium. Those bolts snap & engine stuffed. 

In the US, Porsche tried very hard to avoid a Formal Recall by setting up a "Project" to fix some cars they couldnt ignore. But I think they eventually got sprung.

I doubt Porsche in Australia had a recall. If you look at how VW treated Aussie Tiguan diesel owners, when in US they were forced to buy them back, I reckon P. has just toughed it out.

They can sell every car & SUV they bring in based on prestige.

33 minutes ago, firstone said:

Aluminum bolts doing what?

Even a bicycle bell has steel bolts. 🤓

On the early years 4.8 engines, Ali bolts hold the variable timing mechanism & cam chain sprocket to the camshaft. Possibly V6s as well?

"The bolts in questions are 4 relatively small aluminum screws with a steel pin inside them, 4 screws for each adjuster. For some 2011 models, the steel pin wasn't long enough, and the screws would break off right where they ended." 

Fun fact with this was that, in the beginning, there was a Recall - but only in China ??? Seems that in China the people driving Cayennes & Panameras were big Party bosses & P. was sheet scared that they would be totally banned if they treated Chinese customers like they do in Australia & elsewhere.

attachment.php?attachmentid=437042&stc=1

Archived