Calling all Porsche's - Flinders Sunday 21 April, 2019 Flinders Motoring Heritage

Skidmarks

Some of you might recall last year there was a small car gathering at Flinders on the Mornington Peninsula over Easter which was anticipated to get around 80 cars of various flavours.

Wrong.  250 plus cars turned up and the towns head count swelled to 3500 for the morning and afternoon!

Well, it's on again.  Sunday 21 April, 2019.  Starts at 10 am finishes at 4 pm (but you don't have to hang around all day if you have other things on).

Registrations are open now. 

Skunkwerks will be displaying as well as a number of clubs and various manufacturers being formally represented - Porsche being one of course.

So, save the date and otherwise, go the flindersmotoringheritage.com.au for details and how to register.

I can organise a specific area for PFA'ers if that helps.  

This year the charitable support will be directed to youth, aged care and health projects in and around the Peninsula with the event being coordinated by the Flinders Lions Club.

My involvement?  I was "elected" to be the Chair of the organising committee ... because I "had a few cars" apparently.

It's a relaxed day. Roll up, park up, walk around and enjoy.   

Update and shameless bribe ...

C'mon boys and girls ... liven up.  

Update - it finishes at 2 pm

I've arranged for all PFA's entered to have their own space if there is interest in that.

Also, there's a Best Presented Award supported by Skunkwerks being a $500.00 voucher for a full paint rejuvenation (no Dorothy, that does not mean a respray ...) to bring your paint back to as good as it can be. 

On 12/03/2019 at 12:07, Skidmarks said:

Some of you might recall last year there was a small car gathering at Flinders on the Mornington Peninsula over Easter which was anticipated to get around 80 cars of various flavours.

Wrong.  250 plus cars turned up and the towns head count swelled to 3500 for the morning and afternoon!

Well, it's on again.  Sunday 21 April, 2019.  Starts at 10 am finishes at 4 pm (but you don't have to hang around all day if you have other things on).

Registrations are open now. 

Skunkwerks will be displaying as well as a number of clubs and various manufacturers being formally represented - Porsche being one of course.

So, save the date and otherwise, go the flindersmotoringheritage.com.au for details and how to register.

I can organise a specific area for PFA'ers if that helps.  

This year the charitable support will be directed to youth, aged care and health projects in and around the Peninsula with the event being coordinated by the Flinders Lions Club.

My involvement?  I was "elected" to be the Chair of the organising committee ... because I "had a few cars" apparently.

It's a relaxed day. Roll up, park up, walk around and enjoy.   

I am in. See you there.

8 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I've arranged for all PFA's entered to have their own space if there is interest in that.

Also, there's a Best Presented Award supported by Skunkwerks being a $500.00 voucher for a full paint rejuvenation (no Dorothy, that does not mean a respray ...) to bring your paint back to as good as it can be. 

Who’s judging? ;)

Last year was a great day out, no doubt the family & I will come down for the morning. 

On 15/03/2019 at 13:48, Skidmarks said:

I've entered again in the 993; it was great day out in a great seaside town i'd encourage people to come down.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. 

80 cars + entered.  Some seriously nice cars. 

Even if you don’t enter formally - but if you can that would be great - roll up on the day.  

Come in the morning, show your car or perv at the other ones (or both) and then head off to the nearest eatery and water hole. 

Perfect.  

1 hour ago, hugh said:

Worth looking to meet up and do a convoy down? Pen link/Baxter BP?

hugh - will be coming from sorrento but maybe catch you guys somewhere in the middle ie arthurs seat/redhill. if convoy turning off pen link earlier ie via balnarring then will see you guys there - anyone heading up from sorrento/portsea ? @cafe_racer @Scott SS964

16 hours ago, Skins said:

hugh - will be coming from sorrento but maybe catch you guys somewhere in the middle ie arthurs seat/redhill. if convoy turning off pen link earlier ie via balnarring then will see you guys there - anyone heading up from sorrento/portsea ? @cafe_racer @Scott SS964

Happy to meet at the roundabout in Sorrento for us to cruise down, what time suits?

Also don't suppose anyone is bringing a 993 C2S Tipper down to Flinders?  I'm looking at moving into one but the one I like is in QLD and i've never driven one!

1 hour ago, D-banger said:

I have emailed the organiser through trybooking to see if you can late register.

I have it from a reliable source - me - that if you roll up, you’ll be welcomed. Have a go at registering but if not, tell them that the Event Chairman said it was fine!

Looks like the weather will be kind to us so really looking forward to seeing you all there. 

12 hours ago, 911B said:

do i need to register in any other way apart from saying im 'in' here?

George

See above

13 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Happy to meet at the roundabout in Sorrento for us to cruise down, what time suits?

Also don't suppose anyone is bringing a 993 C2S Tipper down to Flinders?  I'm looking at moving into one but the one I like is in QLD and i've never driven one!

Say 9am departure from the Koonya General Store?

12 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

I have it from a reliable source - me - that if you roll up, you’ll be welcomed. Have a go at registering but if not, tell them that the Event Chairman said it was fine!

Looks like the weather will be kind to us so really looking forward to seeing you all there. 

See above

Ok I just spoke to a nice lady called Mary at the Lions club, I also name dropped 'The event chairman' and boy that has some clout!

She said she will let me know via email. thanks guys!

On 15/04/2019 at 17:05, Skins said:

so is there a meet up prior to  heading down there?