Sign in to follow this  
trm

Rear trailing arm damaged

Hi all,

• Hi all,

I am currently in the process of replacing my rear spring plates with new sway away adjustables. In the process I have found that the holes in the trailing arm appear to be flogged out. I presume this is because the bolts have been lose at some point and the movement had flogged out the holes in both the spring plates and the trailing arms.

I have also posted this to the pelican parts forum to seek opinions. You can see most on there are suggesting it needs to be replaced.

So it looks like I may need a left rear trailing arm for an 86 911. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

https://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/1023472-help-rear-trailing-arm-bolt-holes-damaged.html

20190308_221127.jpg

Good luck trying to find a new one, as I was told they are no longer available from Porsche and none in Germany,  yet try Craig at Buik Motorworks here in Adelaide 82971400, as I reckon they had a second hand one

I had an issue with mine 'apparently' after my little off last year, yet turned out to be just adjustment required.