PCA notes on the front engine'd Porsche cars from last century

Buchanan Automotive

2 hours ago, Buchanan Automotive said:

Hi Zacc , is you're 944 a grey import , meaning was it delivered new in the UK or HK or is it an Australian delivered 944

Does you VIN look like this } WP0ZZZ94ZHN420001   to     49999        = 944

Or                                              WP0ZZZ94ZHN400001     to   1999          = 944S

Hey Mate,

VIN is in between the first set on numbers 4201XX

I think origin was C15 HK. 

1 hour ago, Zacc said:

Hey Mate,

VIN is in between the first set on numbers 4201XX

I think origin was C15 HK. 

If yours was HK delivered, it won't be the "1 imported" on Bruce's list ...

Those numbers in his first post relate to cars imported, sold and delivered new here in Australia ...

I.e ... the 1 in 1987 sold new here ..

36 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Theoretically , if Porsche had all the parts at hand etc , what would a made in 2019 1986 Porsche 944 / 911 cost? Say just the n/a models?
What would you be prepared to pay?

Ask and ye shall receive .. Happy reading... :D

https://newsroom.porsche.com/fallback/en/products/porsche-classic-project-gold-vision-unique-piece-individualized-15877.html

EDIT ... 

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/po18/auction/lots/r0033-2018-porsche-911-turbo-classic-series-project-gold

19 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

But it's a cynical exercise aimed at gauging profit from collectors who use chauffeurs to get around..
You see these ads all the time in CC mags "Delivery miles only" , Lambos , 918s , Veyrons etc

Hence what value would we place on a plain Jane new old Porsche? Built mostly by hand , and we know OH&S costs have gone through the ceiling since the 80s.
When did they remove the beer from the morning breaks?

The 993 was auctioned for charity, it's sell price was not what it cost. I imagine any old car made new in a different era would cost a very large amount of $$. Even the 4 GT2 RS that Porsche is remaking would cost way more and they are just out of production....

5 hours ago, Coastr said:

As for the 944 - it's surprising they sold as many as they did given it was developed as a budget sports car for other parts of the world.  In the US during the mid 80s there were a ~$30k car.   Tough sell at over $100k for something slower than much of the competition.

Yeah but find something that handled as well straight out of the box;)

23 minutes ago, TINGY996 said:

Yeah but find something that handled as well straight out of the box;)

Indeed. It was an "entry level "  Porsche that handled better than the "aspirational  real Porsche" 911! 
All these years later it still does :)

Archived