Jason E

Removing/ Polishing scratches from window glass.

Can anyone recommend a good quality kit to polish scratches out of glass?  I've purchased a used drivers door glass that has a few scratches that I'd like to remove before fitting.  Any hints, tips, magic or skills greatly appreciated...

Depends how deep. Main thing is not to get the glass too hot , esp if using an orbital tool. It's a slow process.
I have used cerium oxide powder , you can buy on the net. Make a wet paste. I'm sure there are kits also.

Following with interest.  I have one of the dreaded wiper arc scratches on my Territory windscreen....

I had a scratch in the windscreen when a million to one thing happened and a stone lodged between the wiper blade and wiper blade mount and scratched a nice big arc.  I took it to a windscreen repairer and he polished it out in no time for a reasonable cost.

The scratches on the original window are horrendous - $300 to get polished out by a local company.  A new genuine window was $550.  I bought a used window for $200 which has some shallow scratches but I want it to be as scratch free as possible before I fit it.

As with paint . if you fingernail catches in the scratch you have reached a difficult level in the scratch removal game.
Ken is THE Benz guru so this might help your German glass :D

I take mine to the local windscreen place, they do a great job and not expensive.